23

"Untie us right now Mavi or I swear I'm going to-"

"Going to what scoot over to me." I burst out laughing as Luke sent me a murderous glare.

"You're so lucky I can't hit you right now." 

"Now I'm scared." Ray put a hand on my arm and leans into so they can't hear.

"I have a meeting with a few people who are part of Ryder's gang. Carter and I will be back in a bit." I wave them off. The disappear down a random hallway. I turn with glee.

"Just you and me boys." Luke begins ranting about being taken here against his will but I'm too focused on Hunter to care. He doesn't seem at all playful or mad about being tied up. He's just staring at my waist with a serious expression on his face.

"Was someone worried about me." I let a big smile reach across my face. Hunter turns stiffly away. 

"Just untie us." 

"You're no fun." I crouch on the side of the two chairs and I'm glad they can't see me wince as sharp burning pain shoots up my front. I focus on the knots of rope in front of me instead. Once I'm done Luke goes bounding away to find a bathroom. 'Idiot' I mutter. I turn to Hunter.

"You gonna move big guy." I go to stand in front of his unmoving self.

"Look I'm completely fine Hunter." His hand comes up fast yet softly to my stomach. I jolt a little.  He carefully pulls up the shirt to see the bandages. Usually I would stop him but he seems so moody today so I let it slide. 

"Does it hurt." 

"Only a little bit." He presses on one of the bandages and I jerk back.

"Okay well don't fucking stick your hand into it." His hand drops awkwardly back onto his lap. His eyes fall down to the floor and he suddenly reminds me of a kicked puppy.

"Hey don't look so dejected." I stutter, in an attempt to get that look off his face. I grab his hand and put it on my torso. 

"See. Skin of steel Spades." He jerks his hand back before standing to his full height. 

"Since were on the subject why did you run towards the shots."

"What." 

"Why. Did. You. Run. In. The. Direction. Of. The. Gun. Shots."  His tone drops an octave as his black eyes lock on mine. 

"I-I don't know." 

"You don't know."

"See you phrased that like a question and yet it kinda felt like a remark." 

"You know something." 

"What." 

"You are making me lose my fucking mind." I scrunch up my nose.

"That doesn't exactly seem like my fault." 

"And yet it is." Finally his resting bitch face morphs into a slow grin. 

"Come on Pierce you should sit down before you faint." I grunt in response but in truth I was feeling a bit dizzy. I went to throw myself on one of the couches in the lounge room but he caught me under my arms before I could.

"Yea that's not happening. Also from now on you're not leaving my sight." 

"Yea yea 'you're not leaving my sight.' You're starting to sound like a broken record you know." 

"Well it seems I can't say it enough." He gently sat me down and knelt in front of me.

"So are you gonna tell me what the fuck is going on." I lean back into the soft leather.

"I guess I could give you a brief back story." 

****

"Okay so what you're trying to say is that your dad is married to that old dudes daughter but she ended up in jail for something and now he's mad. But instead of going to your dad they took you instead. Oh and on top of that they're in some mafia shit."

"Aren't you supposed to be smart." 

"What? that's what's happening right." I stare at Luke and deflate a little.

"Okay so you are not totally wrong." He hmphs.

"I'm always right." I hear him whisper. I raise my eyebrows.

"Someones confident." He lunges forward to kick me and in a move straight out of James bond, Hunter catches Luke's leg. He hold only for a second before jerking it upwards. I burst out laughing as Luke falls on his butt.

"Bro! Not cool. You can't use you're bodyguard." 

"It's not like I commanded him to catch your leg you doof." His face is full of distaste as he sit up on his elbows on the ground.

"Good to see you three have settled in. I personally apologize for us having to attend-"

"Cut the bullshit Ray. Do we have rooms or what." Ray glares at me.

"I swear for all the manners and etiquette classes you took as a kid it some how only made you more rude." 

"It's a gift." 

"Well if you are truly that eager to know. Yes you have rooms but despite the size of this place Anna has filled most of the rooms with her craft supplies." Now I'm really convinced he married a smurf. 

"So..."

"So two of you will need to share a room." I shrug.

"That's fine. Luke and Hunter will take the bigger room." 

"Wait a second I don't remember deciding to share a room with soldier over there. He's your bodyguard, you two share a room."

"But I'm injured." 

"Well I'm not." I squint trying to figure out what argument he's trying to make. 

"So whoever get's there first get's it." Before he can even begin running in a random direction Hunter grabs the back of his shirt and yanks it back.

"You and her will share a room. I'm the biggest so I take up the most space." Luke and I stare at each other before nodding. Neither of us exactly wanted to argue with him.  

"Perfect. Well follow Henry to you're rooms." He pointed at a stoic looking guy waiting at the edge of the room. As we walk off Ray grabs onto my shoulder.

"I'm going to borrow her for a second." Hunter looks unsure but I wave him off. He doesn't budge so I walk to him and lean up to his ear.

"Ray's a giant cunt but he would never hurt me I promise." He locks eyes with Ray but nods and leaves with Luke. I turn back to the old man.

"Let's sit. We have a lot to discuss." 

****************************

Enjoy the chapter. Were starting to get into the juicier parts of the story so buckle up. 

-Winter (: