Drowning

6 years ago

"I LOVE ROCK AND ROLL SO PUT ANOTHER DIME IN THE JUKEBOX BABY. I LOVE ROCK AND ROLL SO COME AND TAKE YOUR TIME AND DANCE WITH ME."

Jax sang out at the top of his lungs from behind me on the back of my motorcycle. I chuckled and shook my head. My braids bounced against my torso. I had attempted to shush him seven times to no avail and had given up.

The dark night surrounded us, the wind howled loudly and I watched the ocean which lay restlessly beside us as we rode on the trail. It was hot and humid even at night. Mary had told us it wasn't safe to go out at night so I had tried to be sneaky which proved hard with Jacksons screeching.

His small 12 year old arms were wrapped around my waist. I had just gotten my license at 17 about 2 weeks ago. I had also gotten a car license but as fun as driving in my beaten up ford was I had always preferred my bike.

"JAX YOU SUCK AT SINGING." I yell over the wind. He chuckles, his breath against my back.

"SHUT UP YOU... MAVI WATCH OUT." I turn and see bright head light. My blood runs cold as I see the expression of the man behind the wheel. He's freaking out and his brake obviously doesn't work.

The truck is so close I am almost blinded by the bright head light. I jerk right fast. So fast that were falling. I hear his scream. Screams that engrave them selves into my skin. Cool water embraces me and I am sinking and then I'm rising and swimming and gasping for air.

Everything is fuzzy and I look up at the road that seem so high up in the sky. I touched the back of my head and my hand was red. Odd. Where was I? What was I doing here? Oh yea I had lost something. But what had I lost. What had I lost. What had I lost.

What

Had

I

Lost