Late night thoughts

I couldn't sleep. I couldn't eat at dinner either and not just because the Kasavick's cooking skills were zero to none. I met Ray's wife. She reminded me of my mother. Or at least I would like the think that is what my mom was like. 

None the less Ray's words from earlier kept replaying in my head. 'We think he is alive.' I mean really. Jackson was dead. He's been dead for nearly 7 years. And suddenly they think he's alive. I didn't buy. I wouldn't let myself buy it. 

I had gone down that endless road full speed before and I couldn't let myself do it again. After Jackson died, after Mary got arrested it was just me and Daniel in that big house. We hated each other. For different reasons but reasons a plenty.

That was when I pretty much became a bitch. At the time it felt good but now as I'm sitting in some random bed with Luke I know I ruined everything. I graduated high school with a 1.0 GPA. I had flunked my SAT so badly it was almost comical. 

And the worst part was I did it to myself. God I could have been out of that wretched house years ago. I mean I was 22 for god sakes. I could be at some college in Cali with an actual future ahead of me.  

Look at me. 22, never had a job, completely broke. No family. No license. In some cold bed in the middle of Oregon. With my best friend and my estranged body guard. 

I wish I could restart. That was the thing though I didn't wish I could restart. No I wish that day I had drowned. Right along with Jax. Because you see you don't need some horrible step mother or useless dad or dead mother to ruin your life. 

You can do it all by yourself. 

****

I'm flunking bitches. But it's okay- Sorry for the short chapter

Thanks for 30K reads (:

-Winter