Past (7)

Cordelia's POV
I slowly woke up in a bed. It wasn't mine but I do wonder who it belongs to... But that shouldn't be important right now. I need to find out what has happened. The last thing that I remember before falling unconscious is that I had killed an assassin.

Is it wrong not to feel any remorse for him? He did deserve it after all, right? I pushed away the  thoughts. There was a presence right beside me. I turned and found that it was a sleeping Karl. Just great.

How long had he been there? It was unexpected, he looked peaceful and not the asshole that would use his children as guinea pigs, my children. But I can stop that right? And if he gets in my way, well lets just say its going to hurt, a lot~ He should get off my bed, like right now.

"Karl" I said in a raspy voice. My throat was dry, how long was I out for, again? Karl didn't move from his spot. Drastic times calls for drastic measures. "Karlheinz if you don't get up, I'll let the children have their way with you!" His eyes sprang open. Haha, the great Karlheinz fears little children.

Anyone's POV

"Now, now, Cordelia you don't have to do that." He told as he fixed himself.

"How long was I asleep?" Cordelia questioned. She noticed a jug filled with water on a table near the bed, she went to get some but Karl pushed her back down on the bed, and got it instead.

"You were asleep for 3 days Cordelia. That stunt you had pulled made everyone worried. They thought that you were going to die. If you every do something that stupid again, there will be consequences. Do you understand?" Karl told her, he poured the water into a glass and gave it to her. Cordelia greedily drank the water.

"Thank you" Cordelia reluctantly said. The door slammed open, the triplets ran frantically to their mother. Cordelia opened her arms for them to hug her.

"Mother, your awake!" Laito shouted

"Are you better mother?" Kanato ask

"Stop hogging her you two!" Ayato complained

They all gave her a hug. Cordelia gave them a smile.

'Why did the brats have to ruin my time with you? Their only purpose is for my experiment, right?' thought Karlheinz

He had found out had who had sent the assassin. It was rather easy pinpointing them, his master, a lesser known vampire noble, Frederick Vermeils. Nobody would question if he suddenly disappeared and if anyone did, what could they do to him? He was of higher rank.

Flashback

"Please! Stop, ahhh!" A black haired man of German descent screamed. He was tied to a chair. In a dark room with little light.

"You didn't answer my questions. Who sent you~" Karlheinz spoke, he broke another finger.

"Stop! I'll tell you!"

"Go on" Karlheinz held up the mans hand, only two fingers remained unbroken.

"It was some demon woman with purple hair, she paid me to do it." He explained in pain

"Did this women mention me?"

"Yes! She said something like 'He will be mine and that purple haired bitch was gone she would take her place.'"

"I see. Now that your usefulness has ran out, Their is only one purpose that you are good for."

"What... what is that?"

"Why, your death, or course." Karlheinz slit the mains throat. He then summoned a familiar to dispose of the body.

"I was planning on giving you a quick death Elizabeth, since I only needed your heart. Looks like now I'll have to truly break you, after all I can't have a disobedient pawn. I might even let the boys have their way with you. Oh, I think it's around the time that my Cordelia should awaken."

End

"Cordelia, I see that your awake." Beatrix said, Reiji and Shu stood behind her. They gave a small smile to Cordelia.

"Onee-sama! Your awake!" Christa had also walked into the room, holding Subaru. They all had been worried for Cordelia.

"I seems so..."

"Don't ever do that again!"

"Why did he target mommy and not father?" Kanato questioned

"Because mommy's better than father." Ayato told Kanato, Laito gave a nod in agreement.

Cordelia couldn't help herself and sniggered as quietly as possible. The other women weren't faring any better at Karlheinz's predicament. He was about to respond but Cordelia shot him a glare, warning him that if he tried anything, she would smack him.

As time went on, the group eventually left, apart from Karheinz who stayed with Cordelia.

"So dearest husband, we know the target was me but did they just want to kill me, or was it to get at you?"

"How smart of you to come up with those conclusions. And it was the first one, someone wants to kill you, any person you have in mind that wants you dead?" Karl wanted to test her

"Elizabeth?" Cordelia immediately thought of her sister. When she had met her, she was hostile and hated her. It was only logically that she would be her first guest. But she had to admit if it was her, crazy females probably ran in the family.

Karl nodded and replied "From my sources it was her to hire the assassin. I wonder, what shall you do? Shall we end her now or...." He gave a sadistic smirk

'He turning into a yandere' thought Cordelia

"Destroy her life?"

"Oh?" He raised an eyebrow. He wanted her to continue.

"Why destroy her in one go when you could do it over a certain time period. Take away everything that she loves, her status, her love, and most importantly her life. Wouldn't that be more effective?"

"That's evil Cordelia."

"Your one to talk"

"Hn"

"Hn"

"Really Cordelia?"

"Really Karl?" He sighs in frustration

"I'll come up the plan while you get more rest."

She nodded as she went to sleep on Karlheinz bed.

Later

Cordelia had fallen asleep. Karlheinz had walked back into the room. he had justed finished finalizing the plans. He was tired, so he laid besides her. He couldn't help but snuggle into her warmth.

"Stupid women making me worried. I don't know what I would do if I lost you."

He fell asleep hugging Cordelia, who would surely be pissed about it in the morning.