Present (5)

Anyone's POV

"Are you going to Scarborough fair? Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme. Remember me, to one who lives..." sang Kanato into the moonlight. He was interrupted by Yui.

"Kanato? Is that you?" She said with uncertainty, walking to the edge of the balcony where Kanato was. He was sitting at the edge.

"Yui?" He looked at her then to the moon. "Isn't it a beautiful night?"

"You need to be careful Kanato, or you could fall," Yui told him with a frown. Kanato looked at her with uncaring eyes.

"I'll be fine," he laughed and hugged Teddy. "Your expression of anxiety and fear, it amuses me. I truly wonder what mother is thinking about you."

"Mother? You mean Cordelia. Did she teach you the song?" Yui inquired.

"She did, when I was little," he said thoughtful, his expression changed to hateful one. "Teddy why does she stay with that man, we have offered many times to kill him?"

"That man?" Kanato glared at Yui. She took a step back in fear, not wanting to set him off more than she already has. She cursed her inability to shut up.

"Our father," he spat with venom. "Now leave me alone, or else." Yui was all for leaving but a small part of her didn't want to leave Kanato. What if he fell?

"Kanato, I'll leave if you come down from there," She told him, looking him directly in the eye. Kanato giggled at her action.

"You want me to get down?" Kanato asked, Yui nodded to him. "Okay, I'll get down." Kanato stood up on the beam, causing Yui to cringe at the carelessness of his own safety. "Well, so long."

Kanato went backwards of the beam, Yui screamed, seeing Kanato falling into a flower patch with his teddy. Yui ran after him.

Once Yui had checked that if Kanato was alright, he lead her to his favourite place. His mother had given it to him as a present. The place was filled with hundreds of life like dolls. At the side was a table with a set of chairs, cutlery and sweets and cakes.

"What are these?" Yui asked while following Kanato through the dolls. He turned his face to her.

"These are wax figurines," he answered her.

"They look kind of eerie. I just wish they were as cute as teddy," Yui said.

"Beauty is as silent as a corpse. Yui, you would look so beautiful soulless," Yui flinched, quickly she turned and faced Kanato. "Say, Yui. Would you like to become a wax figure right here and now?" He gave a sadistic smile.

'I wanted to make father a doll, but mother said no.' Thought Kanato.

"Kanato... as much as I would like to be your doll, I cannot," she told him with fire in her eyes.

"Shame but in exchange I want some of your blood," Kanato thrusted his hand to grab Yui, he pulled her closer and tilted her chin to get access to her neck. He bit and harshly sucked on her neck, Yui winced at the forcefulness.

After a moment or two, Kanato pulled his head back with a satisfied grin. He heard footsteps from behind, and so look, it was Ayato.

"Oi, Reiji wants you Kanato," shouted Ayato from his position. Kanato nodded and vanished to Reiji. Ayato looked at Yui who was holding her neck and scoffed.

"Pancake you should patch that up before you fall unconscious because of blood loss," Ayato told her with a bored expression, and left.

'Why would he care?' Thought Yui.

She ran out of the doll room, vowing never to return to that creepy place. The dolls looked to human for her comfort. Yui ran up the stairs and bumped into Subaru, who was with Cordelia.

"I'm so sorry, Subaru," told Yui with an apologetic smile. She felt a bit light from blood loss. Yui glanced at Cordelia who looked paler than usual.

"Tch, you need to leave this house or your going to die," said Subaru with unceasingness lacing his voice. Cordelia giggled at him. Subaru looked away from the mad women.

"Now, now Subaru, you know he'll never allow it, he's salty like that," laughed Cordelia with a smile. Subaru gave a small smile. Yui was wondering who they were talking about.

Subaru pulled out a small dagger given to him by his mother. He held it in front of Yui. Cordelia wondered what he was about to do.

"Take it and protect yourself," Yui reluctantly grabbed the knife from Subaru's hand. "If you are going to leave you better do so now."

Yui nodded and ran back to her room. Cordelia and Subaru looked out of the window, into the garden below. They saw Richter, who glanced at them, and disappeared in a swarm of leaves.

"What is that man doing here?" Asked Subaru.

"They same reason that girl is here," Cordelia tilted her her head in a mischiefness way. "She is going to make a return."

Subaru frowned Cordelia could only mean one women, Elizebeth. With tired eyes, she hugged him. He inhaled her scent, it calmed him.

"Subaru help me to my room," Subaru lifted Cordelia up bridal style and teleported them to her room.

"Are you okay mother?" Subaru asked as he put her down onto the bed.

"I'm fine, I just feel a bit tired. I'll be better in the morning. Don't tell your-" Cordelia was cut off by her door being opened by Laito.

"Mother are you okay, Yui said you looked pale, so I came as fast as I could," Laito said with panic.

"Like I said I'm fine. Just don't tell anyone else-" She was cut off again. This time the rest of the brother came in. She could feel a headache forming.

"We heard that you were feeling ill, shall I make you some herbal tea?" Reiji Asked.

"Does Mother want to hold teddy? Teddy will make you feel better," stated Kanato.

"We should leave here alone, the best cure is sleep," said Shu. Reiji glared at him.

"Will you guys shut up and leave!" Subaru exclaimed with annoyance.

"Boys..."

"Don't tell ore-sama what to do car!"

"Boys..."

"Teddy, Subaru is a car."

"Boys, Enough!" Shouted Cordelia, the boys looked at her and apologised. "I'll be fine I just need some rest, now can you please leave?"

"But..."

"I could always invite Karlheinz over for a family dinner. Wouldn't that be lovely, all of us siting in a civil environment. Not allowed to kill or maim each other."

"Mother we hope you feel better tomorrow," the all said before leaving her room. They preferred to spend as little time as possible with their father.

"Thank God."