Present (4)

Anyone's POV
Everyone was at school as usual, Cordelia had arrived before the others because she had to set up for her lessons.

Yui had tried to use the schools phone to contact her father but it was broken. Kanato was standing unnoticed by Yui.

"What are you doing?" Questioned Kanato as he hugged his teddy. Yui then noticed him, withholding a scream and stepping back in fright.

"Kanato, what are you doing here?" Spluttered Yui with a fear full gaze, until she remembered Cordelia's words. Don't show fear and have a back bone.

"You don't understand, I'm thirsty," he explained with a frown. "So is teddy," Kanato looked at his teddy. "Say teddy. What do you think of Yui for being so callous?"

"I'm sorry, Kanato. You were saying that you were thirsty. Would you like for me to get you a drink?"  Yui asked cautiously, trying not to upset the bipolar vampire.

"Yes, and teddy would like some too," Kanato told her. Immediately Yui went to the cafeteria to get two drinks, one for Kanato and the other for Teddy.

"What should I get him? I seen at the dinner table that he ate hundreds of sweets. So maybe he likes sweet things. So coffee is a no. Would tea work? With lots of sugar in it?" Yui asked to herself unsure.

Yui made two teas and added extra sugar to the both of them. Rushing back to Kanato, Yui made sure not to spill any of the tea on herself.

"Kanato, I brought you two teas and added extra sugar in them. I hope you like them," Yui held out the two cups, Kanato grabbed one of them and tasted it.

"Nee Teddy this is not that bad. Would you like some too?" Kanato asked, tilting his head to see precious teddy. Yui has put the extra tea on the table since Kanato didn't seem to want it. "You didn't give me anything bitter so you won't be punished, this time. Class is about to begin, we better head, right Teddy?"

"Kanato," Yui said while looking at him. The purple haired male turn back to face Yui with a curious expression. "What's you favourite drink?"

"My favourite drink? I don't know but I love anything that is sweet. I hate anything bitter," Kanato said with a thoughtful expression. Once he answered her question, he teleported to his classroom. "Nee, Teddy. Isn't our new bride interesting?"

Yui has to hurry to get to her class before the bell rang. She didn't want to be late as she didn't want to be punished by Reiji.

The reason she asked Kanato that question was on a gamble. A gamble to be at least respectful towards them, so that they would be respectful to her. She didn't want to be their blood bag. It was either this or go back to the church. But she didn't think for a second she would escape to the church unscathed.

It was the church that sold her to them. And if she were to somehow make it to the church, they would probably send her back. Was her father really apart of this? She really wanted to speak to him and find out.

Yui honestly couldn't wait until french becaus Cordelia or Mrs Sakamaki was teaching. Time couldn't have passed any slower.

French classroom

"Hello class, my name is Mrs Sakamaki, and I will be your french teacher. I will say this as I did yesterday. I will not tolerate any disruptions or laziness in my class. Any and all offenders will be punished accordingly," Cordelia said with a sadistic smirk, causing some of the people in her class to shiver.

Ayato smirked at his mother, at the way she commanded the room. Yui nodded in understanding at her teacher. She had done some french before but this was all new to her.