Chapter 9 ♱

Chases PoV I didn't know how to tell her she needed to let me go, she needed to find someone else to raise her baby with her and she deserved someone else but here I am, laid in her bed cuddled up to the mother of my child

Chases PoV
I didn't know how to tell her she needed to let me go, she needed to find someone else to raise her baby with her and she deserved someone else but here I am, laid in her bed cuddled up to the mother of my child. I knew I couldn't stay long, I just wanted to be near her, I had feelings for Katherine and they were strong as hell but I wasn't ready to bring her into my life no matter how hard she tried to put herself there.
She had been asleep for about an hour now so I decided to leave. I planted a kiss on her cheek and unhooked my arm from around her body, stroking her stomach on the way past. I let my self out, locking the door and sliding the keys back through the letter box, god was it hard to leave her, all I wanted was to be back there snuggled up to her but I couldn't stand to think about putting her in danger. It was bad enough I went to her house, anyone could of followed me, figured out where she stayed and done anything to her. This is why I didn't want her in my life, not because I didn't want her to be but I didn't want any harm to come to her.

I got into my car and started the engine, I drove around for a little while just incase someone was in fact following me so I could loose them. I drove uptown to the safe house, I didn't expect anyone to be up at this hour, Oscar usually goes to sleep at about 3:30am no later and the only person who could be up would be the maids. I turned up to the house throwing myself over the high wall, it hurt my feet when I landed on the over side, so much I had a tiny limp for a while. The kitchen lights were on but no others, I slid the door open, quietly shutting it behind me before slipping upstairs towards my bedroom, I shared a bedroom with my cousin Antonio, his dad wasn't around but his mum was in the gang, she was probably the Kindest person I knew, to say she was oscars sister.
I opened my door, the little bit of light that shone in showed Antonio was asleep in his bed so I climbed into mine and just passed out.

I woke up the next day to see Antonio looking at a nudey mag.
"Seriously Toni? It's what 9am?" I sat up, running my fingers through my hair.
Antonio pushed the magazine under his pillow.
"Shut up!" His face turned red with embarrassment.
Antonio was only 15 and he was a good looking lad, he helped around in the gang willingly only doing small jobs since his mother didn't want this life for him.
I jumped out of bed and threw on some clothes, slipped on my shoes and left my room.
In this safe house lived about 8 people: me and Oscar, Antonio, his mum and his 2 baby sisters and finally my other uncle and his daughter. This wasn't the only safe house, there were hundreds of us in the gang so pretty much the whole upper town was filled with our family. Our gang consisted of only family unlike most, you were either born into it or married into it. You were lucky to be married out of it, it rarely happened but sometimes it did, I remember when I was younger my auntie lived here until she married a wealthy man and they moved abroad, releasing her from the gang. I sometimes prayed I would marry out of the gang but I know Oscar wouldn't allow it, he raised me like a son and I think deep down he loved me too much to leave me.

I'm the hallway Antonio's little sister Freya was running around in circles, she was only 5 and absolutely tiny. I picked her up and put her on my shoulders.
"Are you ready?" I made car noises as we ran down the stairs towards the kitchen. I put her down on one of the dining room chairs as her mother placed a bowl of cereal in front of her.
I loved my auntie she was there for me when my parents died and she has always been like a big sister.
"Melanie." I sat down on the kitchen counter.
She came over and pushed me off.
"You know your not allowed to sit on the counters!" She clapped her hands in my face. I laughed, grabbing a strip of bacon from her plate.
"What's up?" She smiled at me.
"I really need to talk to you." She looked at me, worry growing on her face.
"Okay lets go sit in the lounge." I followed her into the lounge and we sat down on the couch.
"What did you do?" She placed her hand on mine.
"I got a girl pregnant.." I murmured under my breathe so no one else would hear me.
"Oh fuck." She growled.
"What were you thinking!" She smacked me round the head.
"I know! But now the girl wants me to be with me." I couldn't look Melanie in the eye.
"Why shouldn't you be?" She sounded sad.
"Trust me I want to be, I have feelings for her but this life isn't what she wants, she has a future ahead of her." I looked up at my auntie, she smiled at me.
"God how did I raise such a loving boy?" She hugged me.
I was rather confused.
"I think you should be with her, she doesn't have to be apart of this world, keep her from it." She whispered in my ear.
"I don't want to lie to her."
"Don't, I know you'll figure something out." She patted my thigh and walked away.
I sat there for a minute, I wanted to build a relationship with Katherine but I was scared, scared for her health, scared for our baby's and scared for myself.

I jumped up in the heat of the moment, I ran to my car, pushing the accelerator to the floor on my way to her house.
I pulled up outside, my parking insanely horrendous but I didn't care. I sprinted up all 5 flights of stairs until I reached her door where I paused, I could go home now and act like this never happened or I could just knock.
I wanted there for a few minutes in silence.

I knocked on the door, saying to myself if she didn't answer in 5 minutes I'd leave.
The door swung open and I just panted trying to catch my breath.
Katherine opened the door, shock and confusion written all over her face.
I pulled her closer and kissed her, pushing my lips against hers.
I put my forehead against hers, taking a deep breath.
"I can't stop thinking about you." I sighed, moving my head so I could see her, her eyes filled with tears.
"I thought you weren't ready?" She stuttered.
"I am now"
I pulled her close, wrapping my arms around her. My aunties advice ringing in my ear,
I couldn't keep pushing people away because they could get hurt, I just had to make sure they were safe.

She pulled me into her apartment, holding my hand. She lead me to her couch before laying down onto it, dragging me on top of her. I smiled before kissing her. We were kissing for what felt like hours when I heard the door swing open.
"Oh my!" A feminine voice gasped.
We both turned around, there were two people stood there, James and his girlfriend, Natasha I think it was?
"Hey brother!" James came running over bro hugging me.
Natasha went over to sit with Katherine on the couch gossiping probably.
"Beer?" James held a can up.
"Sure." I caught the can in my hands, cracking it open and taking a big gulp.
I didn't really know Natasha that well, but James seemed to dig her so I had to put up with her I guess.
"When did you two get together?" Natasha gushed.
"Oh um." Katherine spat out, starring at me for reassurance.
I smiled at her.
"Just now" I looked only at Katherine as I spoke to Natasha.
"Wow! I'm so happy for you!" Natasha wrapped her arms around Katherine squeezing her tight.

God, it might of been moving faster than most couples, I was already meeting her friends, having a baby and only just getting together but I wouldn't want it any other way.