Chapter 18 ♱

Katherine's PoVCurling my hair and smacking on pound of make up, I managed to squeeze into a tight two piece

Katherine's PoV
Curling my hair and smacking on pound of make up, I managed to squeeze into a tight two piece.
Tonight was James's birthday so me, Natasha and some of James's friend are all going out for dinner, honestly I'm glad it's not parting because I'm ravenous.
It was about 7pm now and chase still hadn't come home, he told me he was going to sort some stuff out but that was hours ago. I text him asking when he was home, if he was okay, telling him I'm was going out, I loved him. No reply. I didn't want to worry myself and stress too much because I wanted to enjoy tonight because sooner or later I'm not going to be able to do stuff like this because in 2 months time I'll have a baby.
"Hey!" Natasha came bursting through my bedroom door, she looked good. Her black lace dress looked amazing and I was a little jealous of her figure, I was just barley in my outfit.
"Ready to go?" She smiled.
"Yep." I grabbed my purse and a hat.
We walked down the stairs, Natasha helping my the whole way down. James was waiting in the car outside for us, his friends would meet us at the restaurant to make the trip easier.
"Happy birthday James!" I shouted.
"Thanks !" He chuckled, we drove off.
Music blasting out , James and Natasha deep in conversation, I glared out the window. All I could think about was chase, what if he wasn't okay? If he had been hurt, that boy always seemed to be in the hospital so I really wouldn't put it past him.
I tried not to worry myself and joined in on the conversation.

James had chosen the restaurant obviously since it was his birthday which I was a little worried about honestly, I've been very picky about my food lately. However, he picked a really top quality, fancy restaurant! I ordered some duck, I've never tried it before, I know why. It wasn't my favourite but I didn't hate it, I also got a salad and some chicken. Everyone else seemed to get fancy gourmet food and then there was me wishing for pizza. Also, I'll tell you a little secret, non alcoholic wine tastes like shit after 7 months of none stop drinking it.

After laughs and story times the restaurant staff brought out a chocolate cake for James and we all sang along, god I was nearly drooling at the sight of it never mind the taste, it was delicious, honestly better than my meal..
I was scoffing down my slice of cake, which honestly wasn't big enough, one of James's friends decided to speak to me.
"Hey, I don't think I caught your name?" She smiled.
"Sorry, Katherine."
"Hi I'm Lucie"
"Wow, when's the baby due?" She glanced down at my bump.
"Two months now" I placed my hand on my round stomach.
"Wow, do you know the gender?"
"It's a girl"
"Congratulations!" She exclaimed.
I smiled and continued the eat my cake.
"So, where is the father tonight? If thats okay to ask.." She said politely.
"Oh he's got a family thing going on tonight actually."
"That's unfortunate, What's his name?"
"Chase." She was starting to irritate me with all the questions and I think Natasha noticed.
"That's enough questions, let's pay the bill." She smiled, raising her brows at me.
As everyone payed the bills Natasha grabbed me and pulled me outside.
"Are you alright?"
"I'm fine." I answered.
"Don't lie."
"Fine, I haven't heard from chase in ages." I looked at my feet.
"Where did he go?" She looked concerned now.
"To do something he said, and now he's disappeared!" I wiped away the tear that escaped my eyes.
The restaurants doors burst open and the drunken mess of James and his friends cane flying out. I quickly made my self look alright as James wrapped his arms around me and Natasha.
"Thanks for the night." He smiled.
"Your welcome, try not to get anymore drunk!" I giggled.
"I'm not even that drunk" he laughed.
"Whatever you say." I hugged Natasha and James before calling a taxi home, James was taking Natasha to his house for the weekend so they could spend time together and so me and chase could too but clearly that's not happening.

I stared at my ceiling and sighed. That's when my front door swung open and hit the wall. At first it made me jump and I slowly creaked over to my bedroom door and poked my head out, it was chase.
"O my god!" I walked over to him, I tried to wrap my arms around him but he turned and went to get a beer from the fridge.
"Chase?"
"Where's the bottle opener?" He asked, his tone blank and expressionless.
"In the cupboard.." I pointed to the cutlery draw.
I walked over to him as he brought the beer to his lips.
"What's wrong?" I asked, hugging him tight but he didn't hug me back.
"Nothing"
"Where have you been?"
"Nowhere."
I wasn't getting anything out of this conversation, so I started shouting.
"Chase! I've been worried sick about you all night and now you turn up at 10pm and I don't even think I know this you!"
"Your right! You don't know me Katherine!" He shouted, face red.
"What does that mean?" I stopped shouting.
"Just go away." He turned his back to me.
I walked away into the bathroom. I just looked at the mirror and began to sob, why was he like this? That's when something insane happened, I got a piece of tissue to wipe my eyes with, when my fucking. waters. broke.
Yes you heard it, I was going into fucking labour! Not now I begged. Any time but now!
I walked out of the bathroom to see chase leant against the counter top.
"Chase."
He ignored me.
"Chase!" I shouted.
"For god sake, what?" He snapped.
"I'm in labour!"
His expression changed slightly before returning back to 'do I care?'
"Okay."
"Chase! This is our baby!" I screamed.
"Fine!" He grabbed the car keys and we drove to the hospital.
I caught him looking at me every minute or so, but he didn't speak to me. I knew he cared, something must of happened and it's seriously effected him.
We pulled up at the hospital and chase grabbed me a wheelchair.
"She's in labour." He said to the reception, he couldn't of sounded more bored.
"Okay straight through here." He wheeled my into a delivery room.
A doctor was waiting in there for me already.
"I'm going for a smoke." Chase walked out of the office
"Is that the father?" The doctor asked.
"Yes, bad day." I tried to reassure him.
"Okay well let's take some tests?" He smiled.

After taking all the tests chase came back in.
"I'll give you a second." The doctor excused himself.
"Chase, tell me what's wrong."
"It's nothing." He looked down at his shoes.
"Can you call Natasha, tell her what's happening?" I asked.
He nodded and left the room to make a phone call. Within minutes Natasha was stood in my hospital room.
"I can't believe it!" She grinned.
"She's going to be premature though." I frowned.
"She's going to be perfect."
I smiled at Tasha.
"What about Chase?" She sighed.
"He's being different, all angry and acting like I'm not carrying his child!" I rolled my eyes.
"I'll speak to him" She patted my hand.

I was all alone, my contractions weren't too far apart but not her close enough to deliver. I was just sat there in agony whilst my baby daddy was ignoring me. Best day of my life, let's hope I'll get it over and done with and my little family will be back to normal and complete.