Chapter 14 ♱

Katherine's PoV

Katherine's PoV

I woke up, under white sheets with the sun glaring in through the windows.
Where was I?
"Chase" I squealed quietly.
I turned my head and sat up when a shot of pain ran through my body. I loudly moaned, which alerted a doctor nearby.
"Can I help you ma'am?" He smiled.
"Yes, where am I?"
"Greenwood hospital." He picked up the clip board at the end of my bed.
"I can't be! Where is chase!"
"I don't know a chase miss... Watts" the doctor looked concerned at the clip board.
"Have you had your tests done?" He asked.
"I want to see chase Hudson!" I began to shout at the doctor.
"Miss watts, I'm unaware of a chase Hudson, I can look at our system but until then let me take care of you and your baby." He insisted.
Oh god, the baby. I had completely forgotten. The car crash, what if the baby was hurt?
"Oh my god, is she okay?!" I began to tear up.
"Her heart beat is stable, as long as you take care of yourself and try not to stress she will be perfectly fine." He smiled.
I sighed from relief.
"Right I'll go check the System, a nurse will bring you something to eat very soon." He walked away, shutting the door to my room.

I laid back, tears rolling down my cheeks. I couldn't bear the think of loosing everything, Chase, my baby. It was all too much, what if he was seriously hurt? I noticed a bag of my belongings in the corner of the room, my phone must be in there. I sat upwards and swung my legs off the bed, wincing at the pain. I went to stand up when something pulled me back, I turned around and noticed a little IV drip in my hand.
"Fuck"
I pulled the drip out quickly, the pain wasn't too unbearable but it still hurt enough to make a tear escape from my eye.
I slowly waddled over to my bag, my legs aching the whole way there. I grabbed the bag and dragged it to my bed.
When I opened it all my clothes had blood splattered on them, it made me feel sick, by the looks of it I wasn't bleeding so it only could of meant that it was chases blood. I bit my lip trying to hold in the tears, I continued to dig.
I heard a vibration that made the whole bag shake. I grabbed my phone and but the bag back on the floor. Sat on my bed I unlocked my phone, a flush of messages and missed phone calls swarmed my notifications. I called my mum, waiting for the ringing to stop felt like forever.
"Katherine!" She sounded relived to hear from me.
"Mum." I sobbed.
"Are you alright?!"
"Mum, we got into a car crash."
"Oh my god! Where are you?" I could hear her already grabbing her car keys.
"Greenwood hospital I think"
"I'm on my way darling, I'll be there soon."
"I love you."
"I love you too Kathy" the phone hung up.
I put the phone down on my bedside table, and sat there I realised, I could probably peek my head out of the door to see what ward I'm on.
I waddled over to the door, took s deep breathe a slowly opened the door just enough to pop my head through the crack.
'Ward 6, maternity'
I thought to myself, where would car accidents be? If it was severe he would be in theatre but if he was okay he'd probably be in recovery..
No body seemed to notice me, so I walked out into the busy corridor. I noticed the door at the end of the ward, if I could get out of this ward id be able to see a map of the hospital.
I quickly walked over to the door trying not to draw too much attention to myself, but obviously pregnant women don't walk very fast and we are easy to spot.
"Can I help you ma'am?" A young nurse ushered over to me. She had long auburn hair, with these gorgeous green eyes. She looked far to young to work here.
"Do you know how to work the system?" I asked her.
"Oh of course." She looked confused to why I would ask such a thing.
"Could you search a patient up for me to see what ward they are in?" I smiled at her.
"Oh maybe, would you like a wheel chair?" She pushed a wheel chair behind me, I sat down. Honestly my legs were aching so much I couldn't say no.
She wheeled me over to the front desk.
"Who should I search?" She sat down at the computer.

"Chase Hudson"
Her little fingers typed away, I tried to look but I couldn't quite see the screen.
"We have a mr chase Hudson in recovery"
"Oh my gosh! Can you please take me?" I begged.
"I shouldn't.." She looked guilty.
"Please, Chase is my partner and this is his baby." I pleaded.
"Fine, but don't tell anyone!" She quickly wheeled me out of the ward into the quiet corridor.
I looked at every ward, it looked like we were going on forever.
Finally, ward 10.
"I can beep you in but I can't actually take you in because I'm on duty" she opened the door for me.
"Thank you so much!" I wheeled myself through the door.
This ward was quieter than mine, probably because mine was full of pregnant women. I wheeled myself to the front desk but there was no one there. I peered around and the ward looked completely empty honestly.
I carried on just looking at each room seeing if I could see a 'mr hudson' but I couldn't.

"Are you okay miss?" A heavy voice from behind me echoed the silent hallway.
"Oh I'm looking for someone."
"Can I help?" He smiled.
"A mr Hudson"
"Three doors down." He pointed to the bottom of the corridor.
"Thank you."

I wheeled down to the door and slowly pushed it open. There he was, laid in his bed.
"Omg chase."I murmured.
He wasn't awake, I looked at his heart monitor and his heart rate was incredibly low.
I held his hand and began to sob.
"Chase it's me, Katherine."
"Don't leave me, I love you so much and I can't have this baby without you."
I leant my head on his hand and cried.
"Katherine?"
I swung my head up.
His eyes were open and he smiled at me.
"Chase!"
I wrapped my arms around him and squeezed him tight.
"Ouch" he winced.
"Omg I'm so sorry!" I pulled away realising I had hurt him.
"No it's fine, I just got out of the theatre"
"Are you okay?"
"I'll be okay, I just hit my head pretty hard and I was unresponsive."
I gasped.
"I'm so glad your alive." I grabbed his hand again.
"Are you okay? The baby?" He looked concerned.
"We're fine." I smiled.
"Why are you in a wheelchair?"
"My legs were crushed in the accident, they aren't broken, just sore." I reassured him.
My face dropped and my eyes widened, Chase noticed and looked concerned at me.
"Katherine are you okay?"
I smiled.
"The baby's kicking" I placed his hand on my stomach, his eyes lit up and a grin grew on his face.
I leaned over and kissed him.
"I'm gonna go back to my ward before I get caught, my mums coming over anyways.
"I love you."
"I love you too"

I rolled myself back over to ward 6, and as I reached the doors there was my mother.
"Mum?"
"Oh my baby!" She ran over, giving me a massive hug.
"How are you?" She looked at me, you could tell she was worried.
"Absolutely fine, just a bit sore" I smiled at her.
"Thank god! Where's chase?"
"Recovery, he's doing well."
She wheeled me into the ward where a doctor was waiting for us.
"There you are miss watts!" He came running over.
"Sorry, I just got a bit lost" I lied.
"No worries, is this your mother?"
"I am." My mother shook his hand and smiled.
"Could you sign Katherine's paperwork for her leave?" He handed my mum some paper and a pen.
"I'll go get changed." I stood up and walked over to my room.

I slipped into my clothes that had been washed and laid out on my bed.
When I went to find my mother she was there flirting with the doctor, who in mind was in his early 30's her being nearly 50.
"Are we ready?" I raised my brow at my mum and smirked.
"Oh yeah." She look embarrassed as she linked arms with me to the door.
"So.. mr doctor?" I giggled.
"He was a cutie."
"And your married."
"Oh give up." She nudged me.
We walked to the exit but on the way there I quickly nipped back into chases room.
"Hey." I knocked on his door.
"Hey!" He was sat up on his bed eating some dinner.
"You look better."
"My heart rates risen and I'm bloody starving!" He took another bite of his pancakes.
"Well I'm going to my parents house for the night but I'll be back tomorrow okay?" I smiled.
"Don't worry, I'll be fine. See you tomorrow" he kissed my forehead.
"I love you."
"I love you."