Chapter 26 ♱

Katherine's PoV I heard Autumns screams and I jolted up from the sofa

Katherine's PoV
I heard Autumns screams and I jolted up from the sofa. God, had I fallen asleep and left her on the floor? I quickly picked her up and rocked her gently, I kissed her forehead before looking at my phone checking the time. 5:30pm, shit. Autumn continued to cry as I rocked her, I grabbed her a bottle and she soon shut up, allowing me to think.
I had found Natasha about 3 hours ago now, I desperately needed to know if she was okay. I picked up the phone and called James as Autumn suckled on her bottle quietly. 
"James?"
"Hey" he sighed.
"Is she okay?"
He gulped.
"James?"
"Can you come up?" He asked.
"I'll come up, just waiting for chase"
"Okay"
He hesitated before hanging up.

It made me want to burst out in tears just thinking about it.
About 15 minutes later after I had just put Autumn to bed chase walked In. I ran up to him, clasping my arms around him and began to cry.
"Katherine?" He gasped.
"Natasha is in hospital, she tried to kill herself"
"What the fuck?" He squeezed me tight.
"I'm going up to the hospital now, can you watch Autumn?" I whipped a tear from my cheek.
He nodded.
I grabbed my car keys and drove like a maniac all the way to the hospital.

I pulled up and just swung my car into one of the spaces, not looking if my parking was any good.
I ran into the reception, gasping for air.
"I'm here to see miss Natasha Woods" I sighed.
One of the receptionists lead me to her ward. She was in the ICU, intensive care unit.
I smiled at the receptionist before running into the ward, I noticed James, his face puffy from crying.
"James!" I shouted.
I wrapped my arms around him.
"Hey" he smiled.
"Where is she?" I asked.
He pointed to one of the rooms, it had 3 nurses inside of it surrounding her bed.
I walked in, bursting the door open, James close behind.
"Ma'am?" One of the nurses came up to me.
"What's wrong with her?" I demanded to know.
"Let me speak to you out here" she ushered me out of the room.
James wrapped his arm around my shoulder as she spoke to us.
"Okay, has James filled you in?" She asked.
I shook my head.
"Okay, basically Natasha took 4 Fentanyl pills in her home, causing an overdose."
I nodded and gulped.
"Due to the brain damage caused by the pills, she has fallen into a coma after having a seizure"
I gasped, covering my mouth with my hands, a single tear escaping my eye.
"A coma?" I whimpered
She nodded.
"We are doing our best, she is breathing by herself for now but she took a lot of damage to her organs and brain."
I pushed my face into James's chest and cried.
"Why would she do this?" I sobbed.
"Also, we found cuts along her wrists and thighs.." she continued.
I looked at chase who was also in tears.
The nurse walked back into the room, shutting the door behind her. James and I walked into the cafe to had a coffee.
"Why would she do this?" I asked again.
"I don't know" he shrugged.
"Did something happen when you broke up?"
James paused.
"Actually, she told me she broke up with me because we didn't have the same future in mind, she also said she was seeing someone else." He looked down at the floor.
"Really?" I gasped.
"Yes, I don't know the guy personally but I think he is called Payton banks?"
I pulled out my phone and searched the name, his instagram was full of pictures, one of him and Natasha. I showed James and his face completely changed.
"Where's He then?" James barked.
I shrugged.
"When I get my hands on him" his face turning red.
"Calm down, let's just focus on her waking up?" I smiled.

I drove home an hour later.
I opened my front door quietly because it was 8:00pm now and I didn't want to wake the baby.
Chase was sat on the sofa, eyes shut and mouth open.
"Chase?" I whispered.
He shot up.
"Katherine?" He yawned.
I smiled and sat next to him.
"How is she?" He asked.
I sighed before telling him everything I had been told.
"Really?!" He gasped.
I nodded.
He cuddled me, kissing my forehead and rubbing my arm.
"Everything is going to be okay" he tried to reassure me.
I kissed him before climbing into bed, trying to sleep but all I could do was roll around. I stared at the dark ceiling as chase slept next to me, I sighed.
I just wanted to have a normal day for once in my life, I have had a crazy roller coaster of a year and all I could wish for was one day or evening where there was so surprise injury, no unplanned pregnancy and no death.

Just for once.

Authors note
Thank you all so much for one thousand reads of wild card! This has been my first Wattpad book but I am very happy so many people have enjoyed it and especially voted for it! I just hope none of you get upset with the lack of chapters recently I'll get back on the grind soon! :))