5. The Library

well
starting now
i'm learning fast

ϟ

Perry was not happy to wake up the next morning. Neither was she happy to wake up early the next few days.

Her first week had not gone as well as she had anticipated. She felt absolutely clueless in her classes, and her Slytherin classmates weren't much help. They all seemed to be disgusted that she didn't know much about the magical world.

The girls in her dorm room seemed to get along better with each other then they did with her. She had enthusiastically attempted (which was very unlike her) to make friends with a few of them on the first day of school but it seems they didn't reciprocate her enthusiasm to be friends with her. Slowly she started to realize they probably saw right past that smile and saw the shy, scarred girl behind it.

Daphne Greengrass seemed to be the only girl in the dorm that was remotely friendly towards little Perry. Millicent Bulstrode, Daphne's friend, was not as kind as she was. Not in the slightest. Instead she seemed to love how intimidating she was and often towered over Perry whenever she could. She had even invented some cruel nicknames for the girl.

Most of the other girls followed around a girl named Pansy Parkinson, whom had taken an immediate disliking to the blonde. She had a twin sister named Viktorija. This girl wasn't mean nor kind to Perry. She usually hung around her sister for the most part, of course with the exception of when her sister was fawning over a certain blonde boy.

Perry was quite proud of herself for avoiding the blonde boy the entire week. It had proved difficult, as they did share all of their classes.

She had sat in the back by herself in most of the classes. No shocker there, considering none of the Slytherins were friendly with her and Harry and his new friend, Ron, seemed to be connected at the hip.

She didn't mind sitting alone. If anything, it was good for the girl. In the back, nobody could witness how clueless she was to all this new information. All alone, nobody had to watch her mini panic attacks when she would get called on in one of her classes. Although, maybe the best reason was that nobody got the chance to gawk at her when she got angry in potions class.

The rumors she had heard about Professor Snape were true. Not that she was eavesdropping, but one night when she was supposedly asleep she over heard the girls talking about how he favored the Slytherins. He certainly did, but it seemed as if she was his least favorite.

It wasn't that he did anything to put her on the spot, but he would not call her by the right name. She had constantly reminded him that her name was Persephone, but he would always call her Periwinkle. At first she didn't mind it, but eventually it got annoying.

Yet, it wasn't that inconvenience that set her off. In their first class, when he put Harry on the spot and berated him, it had set her veins on fire.

Now, the blonde girl sat in the library amongst herself. She had piles of books stacked on her table. One side for the ones she's read, another for the ones she hasn't, and the last for the ones she wants to check out.

Persephone usually excelled in her muggle classes, so the fact that she was struggling in her new classes made her feel sick. This entire week, while Harry was with Ron and the Slytherins were up to who knows what, she had been going to the library to help her understand more about this new world.

She currently had her head in a her year one Defense Against the Dark Arts textbook. Nobody seemed to use this textbook and often never brought it to class, but poor Perry was so lost that she carried it with her everywhere and used it for all her assignments that Professor Quirrell had given the class.