30. Red Ink

see that girl
could it be

ϟ

"This is such a bad idea!" Viktorija whispered as they tiptoed through the hallway.

"And?" Perry replied as she peered around a wall.

"Well.. you could've at least asked Potter for that cloak of his!" Viktorija whispered.

"Where's the fun in that?" Perry replied, stepping away from the wall and creeping down the corridor.

"Perry!" Viktorija whisper-shouted at her reckless best friend.

"Shh," Perry said putting a finger to her lips.

"I hope you do realize that we could get detention for this! If one of the paintings wake up, or if Filch catches us—"

"Catches me," Perry corrected. "You won't get detention, I promise."

"Perry, why in the world are we risking our free time for a few pesky pixies?"

"They've been locked up in Lockhart's classroom with a cloth on top of their cage," Perry whispered. "I'm risking it because it's the right thing to do!"

"Okay, so leave it to a Gryffindors or Hufflepuff," Viktorija said. "You're a Slytherin, Perry!"

"Yes," Perry whispered back. "I am a Slytherin."

Perry continued down the passageway, back against the wall, making sure not to cause and commotion. When she came to the classroom door she slid her hand quietly across the frame to find the handle. Once she found it, she pulled out her wand and slid her hand towards her other.

"Alohomora," she whispered.

The door made a clicking noise and Perry wished she had cast a silencing charm on it before unlocking it. She twisted the handle carefully and pushed the door open. Perry shuffled her feet and slipped into the classroom. Biting her lip, Viktorija followed after her and into the classroom.

"Why did I let you drag me into this!" Viktorija whisper shouted.

"I didn't drag you into anything," Perry whispered back. "You wanted to come along."

Perry tiptoed across the concrete floor of the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom trying not to make any noise. She was moving over towards the back of the classroom where the pixies were being kept. Her eyes landed on the cage with the cloth over top of it and she quickly pulled out her wand. She carefully held it overtop the cage and cast a silencing charm.

"Is this how adventures usually start?" Viktorija asked as she took large lunges across the room to Perry.

"Yes—" Perry said turning to look at her. "What are you doing?"

"Being quiet," Viktorija said while staring daggers at Perry.

Perry smiled and bit her lip to suppress a laugh. The way she had gone about being quiet made her look like a fool.

"Don't laugh at me!" Viktorija hissed.

"I'm sorry," Perry chuckled. "The way you— the way—"

"Stop!" Viktorija hissed. "You know I'm not one for being quiet!"

"I know, I know," Perry repeated while blowing air out to stop her from laughing. "It still looked funny though."

Viktorija slapped her on the arm with while a grimace took its place on her face. A giddy smile was painted across Perry's and Viktorija could help but to drop her frown. Perry's smiles were contagious and could lighten the mood even in the darkest of situations.