Chapter One: New Start. New College. Hello New Boy.

Starting a new college is nerve wrecking let alone being the new student half way through the first year! Walking to my Biology class and I could feel my heart beating so fast. Alyssa calm down you'll be fine. Keep telling myself that over and over but it doesn't seem to work. I could've turned back around and run home, but bit too late now as some girl is heading towards me, looking like she wants to ask me something. Oh god. I don't want to be even more late.

"Excuse me, are you lost?" The girl just asked me.

"Looking for room 204, Biology class, Mrs Bettson?" I quietly answered.

"Carry on down and its the first class room on the right. My name's Alice by the way, are you new here?" Alice quickly snapped back.

"Thank you. Nice to meet you, I'm Alyssa. Guess I'll see you around" I replied.

Alice gave me a hug then walked off in the opposite direction. I thought that was odd, she seems too 'happy' to be at college, hmm.

I didn't know whether to walk straight in or knock. In the end I just walked straight in. Mrs Bettsongreetedme and told the class i was a new student at this college. I hated every moment of being at the front of the class, I felt like i was going to throw up, I just wanted to sit down and start working! I can't stand it when people are staring at me, I wondered what they were thinking, if I just stood there and looked at the floor I knew I wouldn't get any trouble from anyone at this college!

"Alyssa, this is Michael Peace and he'll be your biology partner for the rest of this year. And Michael this is Alyssa, try not to scare her off as she seems very bright and lovely." Mrs Bettson introduced us to each other.

Oh my god. What did Mrs Bettson mean by that?! Now I'm even more scared to be in this class, great as if my day could get anymore terrifying! Mrs Bettson and I exchanged worried looks and she quickly walked to the front of the classroom assisting another pair of students.

"Hi Alyssa, just warning you; I'm not the best partner you could've been paired with and Mrs Bettson was messing, don't take her too seriously she's not the best for sarcasm" Michael said really loudly.

"Hey, oh erm, no worries. I don't mind." I shyly replied.

An hour passed, I never thought it was going to end. This Michael Peace guy, I really can't work him out. Before i left the room, Mrs Bettson asked me to tutor Michael, I wasn't going to say no, but then I don't exactly know him, so I wonder how this is going to go.

I met a few girls in the canteen and they said I could eat lunch with them. We got talking about classes, I mentioned that I'm tutoring Michael Peace and their mouths dropped open wide.

"Have I said something wrong? Please say I haven't already?!" I question all the girls.

"N-n-no you haven't, just Michael Peace is the most gorgeous boy at this college and the most popular. How did you manage to get to tutor him?! You're so lucky." Imogen startled.

   They seemed so shocked that i was going to be tutoring him, I bet these girls want to be a nerd now, ey? I'm not a nerd, but I know enough to be smart. We carried on talking for the rest of the afternoon as we didn't have any more classes to attend to. I felt like I was fitting in for once, it felt so weird as I was always the new girl who was to shy to talk to anyone in my previous college. I suggested we'd go for a shopping trip as soon as the other girls get their wages from last month. I knew a cute shopping centre near by that the girls would love as its pretty much designer mixed with high street shops! Can't beat a bit of retail therapy with the new best friends.I wonder what the next year and a bit has in store for me.

   Here's to a new Start. New College and hello new Biology partner.