Chapter Two: What's This Boy About Then?

I had been a student at Northampton College for three weeks now and the fair was in town, so the girls and I thought it would be a good idea to go and 'let our hair down' for the night. Seemed like a really good plan at first, then I remembered that I had to tutor Michael that very night! I really didn't know what to do. I didn't want to let the girls down, but then Michael needed tutoring. He had the IQ of a wooden spoon! I was getting used to being Michael's Biology partner, he may be dumb, but he's so funny and does whatever I tell him!

   I told the girls about having to tutor Michael and they said its fine and I could meet them there. I felt like a whole weight had been lifted from my shoulders. Phew. Now to tell Michael that I won't be able to tutor him for the whole two hours tonight. Even though tutoring had been going good, I didn't think the whole two hours is needed tomorrow night. I see Michael with his mates so I thought I'd rather get it over and done with right now.

"Hey Michael, got a second?" I asked whilst shaking.

"Alyssa! For you? Of course I have. Just to let you know I think we should scrap the tutoring tomorrow night, as the fair is in town and I think you deserve a break from me" He said with the biggest smile on his face.

"I was just about to say about that! If you need me for help anytime soon before the next tutoring lesson, just message me" I said whilst backing away.

  Another thing sorted, that day is my day. I was so happy. I went home and prayed that the next twenty four hours go really fast. I felt bad that Michael wouldn't get his tutoring lesson this week, but I guess we all need a break at some point, no point overloading him with all this information or he won't remember a bloody thing!

    Wednesday evening came really quick. The girls got ready at mine before we headed to the fair. I was so buzzed to go to the fair as I hadn't been living there long enough to get out and about. The girls warned me that we will bump into a lot of people from college, if not everyone - even the teachers!

"Alyssa?" Asked Demi.

"Yes Demi?" I questioned back.

"Can't you tell Michael has a crush on you?" All the girls looked at my blushed cheeks after Demi asked that.

"Erm, I'm sure her doesn't. We barely know each other" I snapped.

"He likes you, he likes you, ooh, he likes you" Demi, Imogen and Alice mocked me.

   We were on the way to the fair when I saw Michael with a group of girls, so much for Demi thinking he 'liked' me. Finally after half an hour of walking we got to the fair. It was empty. No one was here. So much for 'letting our hair down'. Us girls spent £50 in total on rides, finally when it reached half ten, loads of people turned up, including Michael but at this point he was with his lads. 

  Michael walked over to me so the girls decided to give us a few minutes so I could find out what Michael wanted.

"Hey, erm Alyssa? I was just wondering if you wanted to go out for dinner Friday night? My treat" Michael's cheeks started to go a rosy colour.

"Erm, yeah sure Michael! I take it, its for saying how much of a wonderful tutor I've been these past few weeks?" I didn't mean to sound like I was joking...it just happened.

"Yeah, I guess. Or a date?" Michael pulled this out of nowhere!

My heart started beating so fast, felt like I was going to pass out. Where did the girls go?! Backup, anyone?!

"Aww yeah that would be nice." I gave the lamest reply ever!

Michael walked off and so did I, to go and tell the girls I had a date with MICHAEL PEACE.

   Friday night came sooner than I had hoped. I was so nervous and I didn't have a clue what to wear. Do I dress up and surprise him or do I stay casual? Finally after spending hours trying to find an outfit I decided to go with a cute vest, skinny jeans and my new white converse. Michael picked me up at half seven in his gorgeous car, wish I could drive!

   We got out at a really cute and beautiful looking resturant called 'Food is Heaven', the got the name right! We were having such a good night, spoke about pretty much everything to do with each other and it turned out we had so much in common, who would've guessed? He held my hand across the table and it felt right, like we were meant to be together or something along the lines of that. I was so happy just to be in that moment with Michael. 

   Bloody hell I think I like Michael Peace. GIRLS MEETING NOW.