Chapter Five: You Jerk

Everything at school was going great, just sat my last few exams for the year. I was praying I’d get the grades I wanted as I did study so hard for biology! But then again Michael was the biggest distraction as I had to tutor him in my free time as well as be his girlfriend! Still didn’t regret any minute of it though. Wasn't going to complain as so many people were starting to recognise me more and more as the year went on. 

   When I came out of my final exam for the day, I saw Michael with three other girls. I found it a bit odd as there was no guys there but then again I didn’t want think anything of it but I just went over to him asking if he was still taking me home later on after he had finished football training for the college. But he just ignored me. This wasn’t like Michael at all. What had I done to upset him or make him angry? Really didn’t have a clue at all and it was really getting to me as I couldn’t stand being in them situations.

   I walked home that night; it was cold and getting really dark. It wasn’t like I lived near the college either. After thirty minutes of walking my Dad picked me up as he was getting worried about me. I told him about Michael and he said that he just needs space and maybe I should call him later on after dinner or something. When we finally got home Mum could tell that there was something wrong with me. I just went into my room and cried. Told Mum and Dad I couldn't face eating and I didn't want to talk to anyone.

   Imogen and Mickey video called me on Skype that night. I told them pretty much everything from the dance till that night. They were as shocked as I was. Demi soon joined in the chat and said that he wasn’t worth me tears, blah blah blah…just like a good friend would say to make me feel better about myself. But it didn't exactly work. I felt like I was going to scream. So angry and upset.

“Lyssa, please don’t waste your tears on him, us girls have your back. Maybe he just needs to be alone.” Demi added.

“With three other girls? He told me he LOVED me. He told my parents he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. He made me fall for him. And now he’s hanging out with three other girls, ignoring me, something doesn’t seem right and I can tell you girls know that too.” I snapped back at all the girls and logged off Skype straight away.

  I felt bad for having a go at the girls so I sent them texts saying I was sorry and that I didn’t mean to snap at them and that I loved them for everything they’re trying to help me with. After that I took my Dads advice and called Michael. Wonder what he's got to say for himself.

*ring, ring, ring.* “You’ve reached Michael's voice mail, please leave a message after the beep....”

Great. I got his voice mail, now he can’t even answer his phone? I must've really upset him about something.

   That night I tired ringing him thirty-two times, yes I know that’s a lot. But I wanted to know what was going on. Every time I called he either forwarded my call or didn’t even bother to do that! I was so confused, why would he be acting like this? At this point I was remembering when I called him a jerk because he was one of the popular’s and that’s what I first thought of him, guess I was wrong to think he was any different from the others.

Michael Peace – You Jerk.