Chapter Six: I Knew It Was Too Good To Be True

Two weeks had passed and Michael still hadn’t replied to a single text, a single call or spoken to me at college. Wow. Guess I’ve lost him for good now then. I still saw Michael in Biology class, still told him what to do and still helped him when he was in trouble with something. I really didn’t know if we were still together or not. He didn’t bring that up at all and I wasn’t prepared to have an argument with him right at that time. I told Mrs Bettson I couldn’t tutor Michael anymore as it wasn’t working out as great as I hoped and that I just didn’t want to commit to helping at the moment.

   Michael stopped me just as I was about to walk out of the front doors to get into my Dads car. What did he want? I really didn't know how I was going to respond.

“Lyssa?” Michael questioned me.

“What do you want Michael?” I snapped back.

“I’m sorry for everything, those girls are nothing compared to you. You’re my only girl, the only girl I want to spend the rest of my life with. I’m sorry for ignoring you. I know it was wrong and I know I hurt you but I don’t know how else to make it up to you.” It seemed like Michael was going on for hours on end!

“So if those girls meant nothing to you, then why would you ignore me? You’ve been ignoring me for two whole weeks probably longer. I thought I had lost you. You make it sound like it’s not even a big deal to you. We can’t go straight back to being normal with each other after you did that to me. Do you know how much that hurt me?” I wasn’t going to let him get away with it that easily!

Some girl came up to us. “Hey Michael, I’ll see you later, yeah?” Then she just walked off.

“MICHAEL?! WHO IS SHE?! Do I honestly mean anything to you?! Urgh! I’m going home.” After shouting at Michael I did feel bad, but I just walked off.

   Michael tried to hold be back after that little argument but Dad got out of the car as soon as he could and Michael backed off. Guess Michael and I are over or ‘on a break’ as they say. How can he do this to me? All I’ve ever done to him is be a good girlfriend, help him with everything and he repaid me by going to see other girls, hmm. I just need to be alone for a while I guess.

   Dad being Dad wanted to know everything and I didn’t want to talk about it at all. All I wanted to do is lie in bed, watch movies and cry into a tub of ice cream hoping to get fat so I wouldn’t have to deal with all this boy drama. I mean, I was the shyest girl in college, and then I get with the most popular boy and turn into the emotional wreck. What was happening to the old Alyssa Stone?    

I Knew It Was Too Good To Be True, just my luck!