Chapter Nine: Drive Away

It was a Sunday night and Michael had turned up at the house out of the blue. Was kind of worried as he never turns up without messaging me. He even walked straight into my room without knocking; I knew something was wrong straight away. I could read him like a book!

“Babe, erm I have to go down to Devon next weekend to visit my Grandparents” Michael said this with a horrified look on his face.

“Ok, why do you look worried? And upset?” I had to question him!

“I have to go on my own. Like my parents don’t want to see them so I have to travel on my own.”  I still didn’t get why Michael was worried.

“Hmm. You do need to go and see them, but you never know what could happen to you. You’re going to be on your own and if something happens to you I won’t be able to live with myself. And why do you even need to see your Grandparents this weekend coming?” I was trying to get to the bottom of this!

“Babe, my Grandparents haven’t seen me in nearly three years and they’re too elderly to drive up here to see me. I promise I’ll be fine; I just wanted to see what you had to say to it. I promise I’ll ring you right away and I’ll keep my phone on in the car too. Oh and by the way, Mum said you can stay at ours on Friday night to help me pack and so we can spend the night together.” Michael said this really happily then just got up and walked out without hearing what I had to say for it.

   We all got the week off of school because someone had set a fire off and they were just making sure everything was back to normal before we went back to school next week, so the girls and I went shopping. We all got these cute outfits to wear to a house party we got invited to. And of course I got Michael something to remember me by. A top with my name on it. He better had loved that top, I spent enough money on it!

   It was Friday afternoon and Michael came to pick me up. I gave him the top and he pretty much had the biggest grin on his face. It only took us a ten minute drive to get to his house, usually took us a lot longer. It was nice to spend the night with Michael, it was again perfect as we could just sit and talk about everything. The only downside was that I had to pack for him as he was hopeless at packing!  I spent two hours packing, I had so much fun realising that he was a Mummies boy and always got everything done for him. If we ever got married I told him that I would not be doing everything for him.

   The next morning I woke him up getting ready, just so after he left I could leave straight after. It looked like he wasn’t a morning person. Oh dear. I woke up a Mr Grumpy.  That morning I made sure everything was packed and in his car. I was preparing myself to have a cry on Michael's Mums shoulder, really sad I know as he was only going for the weekend! I did however have second thoughts about him going. He could’ve waited till I was allowed to go with him! We kissed goodbye as he got into his car.

I watched Michael drive away.