Chapter 13

Third POV.

Astrid groans, her eyes taking in the wooden roof. She looks around disoriented and confused. She realises she is on the Jolly Roger, but in a bedroom. Looking around, she sees Rum and other personal belongings. After a few moments she realises, she is in Killian's quarters. Then after a few moments, she remembers what happened the previous day.

Groaning she tries to get out of the bed that smelt like the man she liked: rum, leather and something she can't put her name on. While trying, her foot gets stuck in the cover, and she falls to the ground. Muttering curses under her breath, she leaves the room to go the main part of the ship. When she leaves his quarter, she realises that it's night and she is not in Storybrooke. Seeing Killian's back, she walks over to him and taps his shoulder. "Where are we Killian?" Her voice breaks his train of thought. He looks at her, his eyes lightening considerably, an sighs. "This love, is Neverland." She looks around and gasps, this place was her childhood dream.

While getting over her awe, she looks to the beautiful man next to her. Noticing his eyes were already on her, she looks at his face. Travelling to the bruise that marked the side of his face. Reaching up, her hand covers the side of his cheek. Feeling the weight of his eyes on her face, she mutters a spell which helps soothe the pain and get rid of the bruise. He closes his eyes, and sighs in relief, the pain was quite strong. He tilts his head slightly and lays it on her palm. After a few moments of silence, he opens his eyes again and looks into her eyes. Their eyes betraying their thoughts, his were filled with wonder, awe and something she couldn't name. Her eyes were filled with innocence, wonderment and something he knew very well. Both of them were in their own small bubble, until someone cleared their throat, which caused Astrid to pull away - reluctantly - and looked to the person who interrupted their moment. Seeing David, she quickly ran to him and pulled him in for a hug. Only to get a laugh in response, his nose in her hair, catching a scent of that damn pirate. He sighed and pulled away, and brought her towards the others, not before shooting Killian a look. Only to get a smirk in response and a quirk of his eyebrows.

After saying hello to her family, Regina walked over to Killian. "Why are you slowing down? In case you didn't know, my son's life is in danger."

"Oh, I know, my hot-headed. The plan is to bring us to the far side of the island, link up with the widest part of the river, and.. then we sail right through, take by surprise. The irony..." He sang teasingly, earning a look from the person next to him.

"What irony?" She questioned, frustrated.

"Oh, I spent more time than I care to remember trying to leave this place to kill. And here I am, sailing right back into its heart with him as my guest of honour. It's not quite the happy ending I was hoping for." Killian bitterly bit.

"Greg Mendell said something funny to me. He said I'm a villain, and that villains don't get happy endings. You believe that?"

"I hope not, or we've wasted our lives." He said while looking at the blonde beauty, who was gazing out into the water. Feeling someone's eyes on her, she looked around only to see Killian. Winking and smirking at him, she turned back around, missing the look of adoration he sent her. Regina smiled slightly at the sight of the young girl who saved their lives.

After zoning out for a few moments, she looked around to see Hook saying "Oh, that's a great use of our time—a wardrobe change." He stated sarcastically to Gold. Causing the girl to snort out a laugh. Very amused with the man she cared about.

Walking to Killian, she stood next to him, her shoulders touching his arms. She listened to their saviour argue with Gold about believing in herself. Sighing in irritation, she lent against Killian slightly. Lifting an arm from the wheel, he wrapped his arm around her, pulling her close. Which caused her to smile and blush slightly.

After the dramatic exit of Gold, she decided she was going to learn more about the man next to her.

"Killian, do you wanna play twenty questions?" She peered up at him. He only looked down at her and said "What the bloody hell is that?" 

"We ask each other questions we wanna about each other." He nodded, she began.

"What is your favourite past time?"

"Well, love, it used to be saving damsels in distress." He winked at her. "But now, I rather enjoy  talking to the young women in front of me. Now, what's your favourite colour?"

"Blue." The colour of your eyes, she thought.

"That's my favourite along with black. See we have so much in common already, dear." He wiggles his eyebrows at her, resulting in a small jab and laugh.

After talking for a while, the two discovered a lot about each other, and their what they felt only grew. One embraced it, happy for the pain about Milah to dim. But one was oblivious, she knew she cared about him but she didn't know what part. But she would soon find out. They both would, and when they do their feelings would blossom into love.