Chapter one - Getting Ready

(Just a quick thing. It's all Virgil's POV, forgot to say that)

My alarm clock suddenly starts beeping and I slam my hand against the top of it. It turns off without hesitation. It's still dark outside and I groan undelighted. I get a little irritated when I remember I have to walk in that.
My door suddenly swings open, making me jump. "Virgil!~ It's time for your first day of school!" My Papa sings his words. I groan and shove my face into my pillow and pull the sheets above my head. "C'mon Virg! It'll be fine! I made you breakfast and everything! And your Dad even agreed to drive you to school!"
I flinch but remain under the covers. My Papa walks over to my bed and gently sits on the rim of my bed.
"I made your favorite. Blueberry waffles." He whispers. I jolt up in my bed and stare at him as if he told me we're moving. He chuckles and makes his way back to the door. I get out of bed and grab my clothes for today. Ripped up black jeans, purple shirt, socks, (duh) and my special hoodie. After I get dressed I grab my dark purple plaid backpack with some folders labeled with my classes on it, a binder, a pencil case, and my diary I put in there last night. My parents packed my bag, not me.
I then run out of my room and then plop down at the kitchen table, and lay my backpack down next to my chair. I'm literally bouncing in my chair, because, they're fricking waffles. Who wouldn't be excited?
My Papa sets my plate on the table in front of me and gives me my fork and knife. The plate is really settle. Two square waffles lay on top of each other, with syrup running down the sides. A small square of butter sits on top. And some sliced up strawberries are on the side of the plate. My mouth waters as I start stuffing my face with the food.
Moments later, my dad slowly shuffles into the kitchen, he has bags under his eyes and his glasses are a little lopsided. He looks really tired but I just keep eating.
"Logi! You're awake!" My Papa says as he hands my dad a cup of coffee. He then takes it and starts sipping it.
"Why aren't you ready?" My Papa asks.
"Ready for what?" My dad responds.
"Aren't you taking Virgil to school?"
"Oh shoot I completely forgot. They cancelled work today due to some technical issues so I didn't set my alarm." He responds.
"It's fine I'll just take him. You go get some rest, you look exhausted!"
"Ok, I'll do that." My dad says and yawns. He puts the coffee cup down and kisses my Papa before leaving. I make a fake gag noise and my Papa looks at me.
"Excuse me young sir. I'm allowed to kiss whoever I want, ESPECIALLY your dad." He says jokingly. I roll my eyes as I finish up my food.
Once I finish I get up from my spot. I put my plate and silverware in the sink and I then walk to the bathroom. I open up a cabinet and grab my eyeshadow and slowly apply it under my eyes. After I put it away I then look at myself in the mirror.
"Ew" I whisper at my reflection. My hair is everywhere and it's like a rat's nest. My skin is super pale and just look super tired, which I am.
"VIRGIL HURRY UUUUUUUUP!!!!" My Papa screams from outside. I groan and quickly run my fingers through my hair to make it look better. But to my surprise, it didn't. It just made it worse. I can't describe what I've done.
I quickly leave before I do anything else bad.
When I get to the front door, my Papa has my bag and is holding it for me. I slip my black and purple sneakers on and take my bag from him and sling it over my shoulder. My Papa opens the front door and holds it open for me to go first. Reluctantly I walk out the door and head to the front where the car is.
I get settled in the passenger seat and my Papa sits in the drivers seat. Now that I look more closely at him, he also looks tired, I wonder why...
My Papa looks at me and smiles before starting up the car. It roars to life and we are soon on the road and driving to my new school

All I can do right now is focus on my breathing and make it seem like I'm not spazzing out. I'm secretly super nervous.

Hey guys! So I'm a lazy piece of garbage so I'm not gonna add questions to these. Also because no one ever does them so bye guys! ❤🧡💛💚💙💜