Chapter seven - Embarrassment

I walk outside the locker room and lean against the wall and wait. I don't want to be in there, it makes me feel like a creep. As I look around, I get more and more nervous about this class, like something is going to happen. I sigh and just look down at my very pale hands. Just let it go Virgil.
"Virg, you ok?" Roman questions, snapping me out of my thoughts. I jump and look up at him, putting my hands behind my back.
"Uh, y-yeah, I'm just, uh, n-nevermind." I stutter and look away from him.
Then suddenly, Remy walks out and joins us.
"Omg those lockers are huge!" Remy squeals in delight.
"Why is that exciting?" I ask him.
"Its-um, it's not." He mumbles.
I give him a suspicious look but just let it go.
Remy is wearing his regular outfit, and Roman is wearing a pair of red shorts with a white tanktop and red and yellow sneakers. Better than my outfit.
We start walking to the middle of the gym where everyone else is, while getting multiple looks from the students. The three of us sit in the back and I bury my face in my hands in embarrassment. I hear silent giggles and I start tensing up.
"Is he ok, Ro?" I hear Remy ask Roman.
Roman puts his hand on my shoulder. "Virgil, what's wrong?" His voice sounds soft and surprisingly, my heart flutters a little. I remove my hands from my face and look at him.
"I just-don't feel comfortable with all these people..." I blush. Remy looks at me judgingly and I look back down.
"Virg, it's ok, you're an amazing person and nobody should think otherwise." Roman confesses as I look up at him. He's smiling brightly at me and he starts slowly leaning towards me. I slightly smile back, and find myself leaning forward towards him.
Suddenly a loud whistle goes off and me and Roman quickly back up. Both our faces are red. Apparently no one was looking at us, even after the students making fun of me. The gym teacher is at the front of all of us and is eyeing us three suspiciously. Remy looks at both of us and smirks.
"I ship iiiiiiiiiiiiiiit." He giggles. I growl at him and go to throw my fist in the air to punch him, but Roman holds me back from around my waist. Remy cowers back and starts laughing. Then the whole class turns to look at us, and the gym teacher just looks displeased. I immediatly put my fist down and Roman's arms remain around me.
"Emo kid, see me after class." The teacher says. I get multiple "ooo"'s from the class and my face brightens. But I just nod.
"Ok class, listen up! Seeing as this is your first day I wont be that hardcore on you. And for those of you who didn't bring extra clothes," He eyes Remy and me suspiciously, "Guess you'll just have to suffer." I give him a death stare, but he looks straight at me with a neutral expression. "Today we are playing dodgeball."
Most of the kids scream and give each other high fives, but me Roman and Remy stay silent. I hate dodgeball, I would kill it if I could.
The students stand up and get separated into groups. Luckily, Roman is on the same team as me. But Remy got kicked to the other team. Some multicolored dodgeballs, about the size of kickball, roll to the middle of the gym. Both teams are spread around the gym and ready for the whistle to blow. I start sweating and getting nervous. Roman stands next to me and gives me a confident smile. I slightly smile back. I have a plan, a good plan.
The gym teacher counts down from 3 and blows the whistle. I then put my plan into action. While everyone runs to get a ball, I crouch down and hide my face with my arms and hide in a ball. Roman stops running and walks back to me.
"Virg come on!" He yells, pulling at my arm, but I stay in my spot. Roman sighs and walks away. I smile as I feel the dodgeballs fly over my head, and around me. My plan is working. Suddenly, a ball hits my side and I fall back and look at everyone else. Everyone is yelling and Roman just looks displeased. I look at the gym teacher and he points to the bleachers. I sigh and shuffle to the bleachers. I'm the only person who got out, so I have a lot of room to sit. Once I sit I see Roman and start blushing. He's so majestic, and handsome, and just so sweet and kind.
The whistle snaps me out of my thoughts and more people got out. They are sitting away from me, of course.
"The game was a tie! Now head to the locker rooms, get changed, and leave." He yells. "Emo, come here."
I get up and keep my head down low as I slowly walk over to him. He's one of those super tall gym teachers, so compared to me, I'm super small. Once I walk up in front of him, he sighs and gives me this look.
"There will be no fighting in my class, unless I say so." He says in a stern tone.
"Y-Yes, s-sir, it- won't happen a-again..." I stutter.
"Now go join your friends." He replies. I nod at run of to the locker room. That was a handful.