Chapter twelve - What...?

(Back to Virgil's POV peepz)

I walk away from the window. I'll give myself another chance. If I screw up again, I'm doing it. No regrets. I lay on my bed and put my headphones on and just shuffle my music playlist on my phone. The volume makes it so I can't hear any background noise.
About half an hour goes by and I'm surprised that neither of my parents barged in. Until now. My Papa just barged into my room, falling onto the floor. The door slams against my wall and from the looks of it, there's a few cracks in it. I slip my headphones off.

"What the f***..." I accidentally blurt out. I don't really regret it, I just wouldn't have said it in front of my Papa. He looks up with a confusing look. He apparently didn't hear me which is good.

"Are you okay?? What happened?? Are you hurt?? WHO HURT YOU??! I WILL KILL THEM!" He yells, getting to his feet and running over to my bed and hugging me so tightly I can't breathe.

"N-Nothing, h-happened...please, let go..." I stutter, gasping for air as he let's go. He looks confused.

"Why was your door locked then?" He asks me.

"I forgot it was." I shrug. He sighs and shakes his head.

"So what did you say when I came in?" I panic.

"N-Nothing! Definitely!" I sweat.

"Alrighty kiddo, sorry to barge in on you! Also don't do anything sexual when you go over to your boyfriend's house!" He said as he stands up and walks out of my room. My face turns completely red and I freeze up.

"SH-SHUT UP!!" I yell. I hear my Papa laughing in the distance. I want to strangle him! I'd never do that! Especially to Roman! He'd hate me if I did anything like that to him. I just let it go.
My eyelids start to droop down, as if they are holding 10 tons of bricks. I try and get up to go downstairs, but I pass out, sprawled across my bed. It's been a long and tiring day, I deserve this.

I wake to the sound of birds chirping and a bright shine through my window. My whole body feels heavy and I don't want to get up. Its so warm in my bed and- wait, I thought that I didn't have my covers. Eh never mind. I finally get the motivation to get out of bed and walk downstairs. There is a distant smell of coffee and bacon from my room, which makes my day already. I walk into the kitchen to see my Dad sitting at the table, eating a piece of bacon, and a cup of coffee next to his plate. My Papa is in the seat across from him. He looks nervous for something, I wonder what?

"Oh Virg! You woke up early!" He says, plastering on a fake smile. I know his tricks.

"What's making you nervous?" I ask, concerned, kinda.

"He has a job interview today, he has to leave in a few and he's nervous." My Dad says, catching me up. I nod.

"For where?" I ask again.

"It's nothing major, it's just a job downtown at a store. I haven't had a job since 3 years ago, it's no sweat though, help yourself to some coffee, I made extra." He explains with a real smile.

"Hell yeah!" I accidentally say out loud. Both my parents look at me as if I just asked an impossible question to answer. I freeze.

"What was that?" My Dad asks, taking a sip of his coffee. My Papa looks at his phone, and quickly gathers his stuff.

"I gotta go! Wish me luck!" He said quickly. He kisses my forehead and gives my Dad a kiss before leaving the room. Once I hear the front door close I look at my Dad and smirk at him. He sees my face and just looks confused.

"What?" He asks, taking another sip of his coffee.

"You guys totally have a crush on each other." I chuckle, as I get a cup from the cabinet and pouring some coffee into it.

"Oh my- Virgil we have talked about this so many times, we are married!" He scowls. I get the creamer and sugar and put a little of both into the coffee.

"Mhmm, suuuuuure." I swoon. "You still turn red whenever you kiss each other, you're red right now!" It's true, his face is red. For like the tenth time already.

"Shut up. Are you packed for your boyfriends house?" I take a big sip of coffee, trying to refresh my memory. My face turns a little red once I remember finally.

"He's not my boyfriend!" I squeak, not sounding very convincing.

"Mhmm, suuuuuuuure." He smirks. I give him a death stare and stick my tounge out at him. He does the same back and growl at him.

"No I haven't." I mumble, while chugging down my coffee. I look over at the clock and it says 10:50, I thought it was earlier.

"Well you better hurry. Only got a few, and I have work right after I drop you off, so go get ready." He replies, standing up and putting his plate in the sink. "And send me his address." I finish my coffee and put the cup on the counter and walk upstairs to my room.

I'm super nervous.