Chapter nine - Finally Home

I walk down the road to my house, a nervous wreck for what is going to happen. Cars drive by me, making my hair flow in the wind. I find a rock on the sidewalk and start kicking it as I walk.
Once I get to my house, I quietly open the door and walk inside. I use my hand to close it silently and it shuts. My heart pounds out of my chest as it makes a small click noise. I take a deep breath and turn to see both my parents. My face turns red when they look at me sternly.
"Where were you? You were supposed to be home," My dad checks his watch. "An hour ago."
I'm shocked. I didn't realize it was that long. "It doesn't matter, I'm home now." I reply sarcastically, as I walk past my parents to my room.
"Virgil." My Papa says without emotion. "Come over here now."
I stop and sigh before walking over to them and keeping my head down low.
"I wasn't anywhere... I was just walking home." I reply.
"Why did it take that long?" My Dad asks. I don't have any words, so I just stay silent. "Virgil."
"You guys wouldn't understand! You never understand me!" I cry as I speed walk to my room. My eyes start tearing up as I slam my door once I reach my room. I flop onto my bed with my bag on the ground. I dig my face into my pillow and just start crying like there is no tomorrow. Once I start calming down, I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. With only half of my motivation, I take it out and look at the message.
Hey Virg, it's me, Roman
My heart flutters when I read the message. I quickly try to wipe my eyes and respond back.
oh, hi.
I feel bad for not typing more. But I hope he understands.
Is something up?
it's just, it sucks having over-protective parents.
He sends another text, but before I can read it, there's a knock on my door. I groan.
"GO AWAY!!" I yell. But the door opens quietly and my Papa walks in and closes the door behind him.
"Virg can we talk?" He asks softly. I sigh, turns of my phone, and lay it next to me. My Papa sits on my bed next to me. I cross my arms and stay silent.
"Whenever you're ready to talk, just let me know." He says. I know I'm screwed either way, if I tell him or not. It's just best to tell him the truth, I guess.
"S-Someone just pushed me and my f-friend into a locker and we couldn't get out, but my other friend found us and we got out." I stutter on the word friend, because, I don't even know if he's my friend anymore.
"You could've just said that, we wouldn't have yelled at you." He replies. I sigh of relief. "But what did you guys do while you waited? Was it a boy?" He asks, a little excited.
"Wh-What?! N-Nothing!" I blush hardcore.
"Oooooo I'm telling daaaaad." He teases, standing up and running out the door. I run after him, but he closes the door before I can run out. He calls for my dad and I start banging my fists on the door.
"OPEN THE DOOR!" I yell. I hear my dad approach and my heart stops.
"Uh, what?" He asks, sounding confused.
"Virgil has a boyfriend." He replies.
"NO I DON'T!!" I yell back.
"You should invite him over." My dad says. I slide down the door and melt onto the floor.
"Nooooooooooo." I whine. I really hate myself.
"What's his name?"
I get up and throw myself onto my bed. I take my pillow and just start screaming into it. My parents walk back into my room, both laughing slightly. They sit on the edge of my bed and rub my back.
"Virg calm down. It's ok if you have a boyfriend. We'll support you no matter what." My Papa says, pulling me into a hug and squishing my cheeks like I'm a new born baby.
"S-Stop!" I yell, trying to get out of his grasp.
"But you're so grown up! I love you so much!" He squeaks. I gasp for air as I finally pull away.
"You should invite him over. We'd love to meet him." My dad says.
"B-But I don't even know if he's my boyfriend." I stutter.
"He didn't confess to you?" My Papa asks.
"No, we just made out and he didn't ask. I just assumed he..." I look at my parents and their eyes are wide. My whole face turns red and I look away from them.
"S-S-Sorry..." I mumble.
"Awwwww so that's what you've been doing in the locker." My Papa giggles.
"I-I- N-No! Sh-Shut up! I-I-" My phone starts ringing and everyone goes silent. I pick up my phone and look at the caller, Roman. My heart starts racing and I panic. I hate when people call me, it just makes me nervous for some reason.
"I-I gotta take this." I mumble, standing up and leaving the room. I press the answer call button on my phone and hold it up to my ear.
"Hey, what's up?" I ask, trying to sound cool.
"Sorry I was just nervous, you read my text and didn't reply back." He says, sounding embarrassed. "But I was going to ask if you wanted to work on the chorus assignment this weekend, and maybe, hang out?"
"Oh uh, I'll ask my parents." I reply back.
"Let me know what they say." He says.
"Ok, I gotta go, I'll talk to you later." I say. But before I can end the call, Roman says something I'll never forget.
"Alright, I'll leave you to it, I love you." He replies smoothly. My heart stops and I can't speak. I start shaking and I finally find the words.
"I-I-I l-love you t-too." I stutter. My face turns red and a smile slowly forms on my face.
"Ok, bye!" He says.
"Bye." I reply as he hangs up. I sigh, that made my heart stop.

1055 words.... Wow, I am sorry for this XD Hope I didn't bore you. If you are reading this bc u finished this chapter, congrats, you are now my favorite child lol