Chapter One ~ Bittersweet Memories

You were alone in your Ninjago City apartment, which to be fair was practically a penthouse as you were quietly reading in your own library room that had bookcases covering almost all the walls. You had your television on the news, mainly just for background noise. The fireplace provided a nice light so you could still read and the heat coming from the fire was a bonus to making the atmosphere cozy and comforting. The news anchor brought up a names you hadn't heard in a year, maybe almost two by now. The Ninja, they apparently had to go guard the secret emperor of Ninjago and his family for some mask that went missing or something like that, you immediately went to grab the remote and turn off the television, choosing to focus on your book, but your mind couldn't help but wander off while thinking about your ex and all the memories with the Ninja that you have.

~ Flashback ~

"Lloyd, you have to take some time for yourself too, if you spend all your time searching for your Uncle, you won't be able to live your life like he wanted you to," Your boyfriend Lloyd was loosing his mind over not being able to find Master Wu. It was starting to become a habit that worsened and worsened.

"But Ninja never quit! How can you not want to find him?!" The Green Ninja was not in the greatest states of mind, loosing Wu was really taking a toll on him. His frustration about losing Wu just kept growing day by day, week by week. The two of you barely spent any time together anymore since all the Ninjas were frantically searching for Wu. It seemed to be the only thing he cared about, you weren't even sure if your relationship was worth it with this new obsession he had. "He could be somewhere stuck with your father!" He exclaimed, and yes was correct by saying Master Wu could be stuck with your dad.

To be clear, Acronix was your father, but he was only your biological father, you didn't love him. He kept you locked up with your Uncle Krux since they were crazy about finding all four of the Time Blades in order to rule the world and Ninjago City within it. The reason you were locked up was so nobody knew you even existed, in case someone wanted to use you as leverage. How could they do it if you were never heard of in the first place. You can't argue with that logic.

You frowned, biting your bottom lip as you stared at your boyfriend with a somber look. "Of course I want to find him, but not at the expense of everyone else's lives. We still need to focus for our current present rather than just searching. Lloyd, you of all people should know that I strongly dislike just waiting and looking for something. It is what corrupted my Uncle and my Father. I don't want it to happen to you too, or the rest of the Ninja." You spoke to him in a calm tone, really trying to get the message across, but he was still so delusional and focused on trying to find Wu, his mind did not think before speaking.

"If you don't want me to keep waiting and searching for my Uncle, I don't know how we're going stay together and work this out." He ranted but soon widened his eyes at what he just said, not meaning for it to come out as harsh but still, you couldn't reverse time. You could only pause it for yourself, others, or you could even stop attacking objects. That was what you inherited from your Father the ability to stop time, but only for a couple brief moments. The mental strain it put on you was always a horrible side affect.

"Honestly Lloyd, I truly want you to find Master Wu, but I don't want it to consume me." The frown across your lips deepened as tears started building in your eyes. "I guess breaking up is our solution then, because if I stay, I'll only be in your way." You shook your head softly, but soon moved forward to embrace your (now ex) boyfriend. Your head was against his chest as you soon felt his arms wrap around you. The hug was sweet and somber.

The both of you just held each other for a moment of time, not saying anything, but always keeping the memory. You didn't even have to pause time. Hot tears found their way onto your cheek and his shirt. Afterwards, you pulled away, giving him a sad smile. "Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon, my first love-" More tears escaped your eyelids as you gave a small chuckle. "The one who really opened my eyes and believed in me whenever I needed, just know as the most supportive boyfriend I'll probably ever have, I will always love you." You blinked away some tears as they made your vision all watery. "If this does go on I think it will only destroy us,"

You watched as he nodded, looking at you with pure love in his eyes. He sniffled, before leaning in, going to give you one last breath taking kiss. One that only a real, true love would ever witness. He gave a sad tiny chuckle, "And I will always love you, Y/N. Never forget that. Me or any of the other Ninja will always support you." He meaningfully spoke, looking down into your eyes with his own teary ones.

~ End of Flashback ~

However as proven in the past, perfect things will collapse at some point. As you were in your own thoughts, you didn't notice anything out of the ordinary that was until it was to late. You could smell something funny, but couldn't exactly point it out. That was, until you could literally see the blue flumes in your library. You immediately tried pausing everything, just to try and get a grip on things. Though, as your time stopping abilities were rusty, you completely forgot that all gasses and just air in general, cannot be stopped. You soon couldn't handle whatever was being put into your system and passed out, falling unconsciously right down on the floor.

When you woke up, you were in some room you did not recognize. Oh and your head was pounding. Maybe it was from whatever you got knocked out with, or using your powers when you hadn't in such a long time, you tilted your head, looking at a box with a red blanket over it. Please say it wasn't a bomb. There was a door in the small room with a gear-like window over the top of the handle. Your thoughts swirled, why were you kidnapped?

// I know this was mostly a flashback chapter, but it was to give you, the reader, just a peek into the relationship and how it ended, so you know, you do not  hate Lloyd, y'all still ended the relationship as close friends. All the other Ninja are practically your brothers, except Nya which would be ya sista sista //