Chapter Eight ~ Sitting Ducks

SOoooooo this chapter doesn't really have any Lloyd and you action beause ya know, the whole being split in a jungle makes it a lil difficult but I aM SO Sorry Y'all! I feel so rude for not updating sooner! But can you believe it?! Here's another chapter. Hopefully this will get me back on my writing craze again! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 2K reads!!!!!! I appreciate all of your comments so much and they really inspired me to keep going! Keep 'em coming! Thank you again!!!//

The place that the Destiny's Bounty crashed was not great. The jungle was thick with overgrowth. There were many thickets between the roots of trees, bushes and many other plants. You were surprised that the ship didn't get torn apart with how many trees there were all around. Along with all the tree roots, there were also boulder sized rocks, luckily they were not too jagged or sharp; so that was at least one positive. Another positive was the amount of cover there was thanks to all the vegetation. 

Although, the cover of the vegetation wasn't much of a help only because of the smoke signal from the wrecked Bounty. It was really in bad shape.  If the Sons of Garmadon were close, they would be sure to find you and everyone else besides Harumi and Lloyd from the light-grey smoke. You didn't have a clue how all of you would even fly out of here just because of all the trees blocking the sky. It would be difficult to do so, but as you've learned from the Ninja, if you can dream it, you can do it. 

"Are you sure we can't like send out a search party, or you know, me-" You pointed at yourself, giving a slight shrug, "to go find Lloyd and Harumi?" You asked Zane and Pixal. After all, they were robots so they would have the most logical responses. 

"In this jungle, it's better to stay with the Bounty." Pixal's robotic voice reasoned with you. "Let's get her mended and the computer up and running so we can re-establish our communication link." 

You responded to her with a sigh as Zane continued to stare out into the jungle, most likely analyzing something out there or looking for Harumi and Lloyd with some special vision feature he had. 

Cole's whistling caught your ear as you jumped down from the bow of the ship more near the entrance of the control room right by Cole as he was caring for the baby. For some reason he was quite attached to that small child.

Together, you and Cole found Jay and Kai who were working on the ship. Cole asked a series of questions, "What do you think the baby's name is? You think he looks like a Cole Jr.?"

"Wow Cole, real original." You commented right before Jay spoke up.

"I think you should put the baby down and help us out," He lifted the protective mask from his face, squinting his eyes at Cole. Then, Jay turned his head, holding his ear piece communicator. "Okay Zane, give it another try!" He informed enthusiastically. Though apparently the radio message never got to Zane. Instead, the radio was full of a static noise. "Oh great. Now the radios aren't working." He whined. 

However, his whine was cut off by some distant growling throughout the jungle. It made your heart sink down to your stomach. You really hoped Lloyd and Harumi didn't stumble into whatever made that noise. 

"What do you think that was?" Cole asked, having the baby wrapped on his back in his own make-shift carrier. 

"Probably just some cute little critter?" Kai sounded unsure of himself, his voice raising in pitch at the end of his guess. 

"Kai I would love if you were to prove me wrong for once, but I have a feeling that was not some cute little critter." You looked out into the jungle fearfully. 

"Maybe a big critter?" Jay stared out into the jungle with a face that matched your look. "A great big vicious critter with lots of teeth and claws and pinchers." His imagination went wild. 

"Jay! Don't say that! Lloyd and Harumi are out there with that creature, wherever they are..." The pit in your stomach seemed to get deeper and deeper with nerves and fear of your love being lost in the jungle. Your eyes glanced around at the seemingly never-ending forest.  

Cole brought the both of you back with some good ol' common sense. "You can't tell all that from just how it sounds."

Suddenly, there was a loud beep. Luckily it was Jay's earpiece and Zane speaking. "Did you guys say something?" He asked through the radio. 

At hearing Zane's voice, Kai spoke up, "Any luck reaching Lloyd?" You learned that Kai and Lloyd were actually quite close; when Lloyd was possessed by Morro, Kai was the one who kept fighting to break Lloyd free of the torment.  It was really sweet in your opinion. Kai is a good guy. All of the Ninja are. (And Nya is a Queen of course)

Zane instantly replied, "Pixal and I have only been able to repair the short-wave communication link. It appears we won't be able to find them until we get the Bounty over these trees... Ready to test the boosters?" 

Cole was the one to speak next. "Let's give it a go." The rest of the guys agreed.

It started off all good until the the thruster started shaking and puffing out smoke. "Zane cut it off! Shut it down! Shut it down!" Kai exclaimed. A thick cloud of smoke appeared around the small area, you even started coughing a bit. 

The boosters were shut down right after the accidental malfunction. Zane rushed out just in time as all the smoke quickly cleared. Jay with an agitated tone began to speak. "First, we crash land in who knows where, surrounded by who knows what and now this!" He complained.

"Don't forget that we don't have a clue where Lloyd is either." You noted with a frown as you looked at the Master of Lightning in a somber tone. 

"Well, at least Cole Jr.'s fine. So we can give the diapers to Jay!" Cole tried to lighten up the situation. At his joke you did have to let out a light chuckle. 

Right as soon as Jay was going to make a comeback, there was this soaring sound in the sky and Nya appeared! She was in the Samurai X mech. Maybe she found Lloyd and Harumi? Hope was practically twinkling in your eyes.

"Nya!" Jay cheered, it was always cute to see his full support for his girlfriend. 

 "As you can tell, I found the suit. There was also a note on it from Lloyd." She hopped out of the mech and held a leaf that had something inscribed within it. "He and Rumi are going to the temple." She spoke nonchalantly.

"Rumi huh?" The jealously dripped from your voice. So now the princess has a nickname? The urge you had to go on a man hunt for Lloyd was overpowering any rational decisions that lingered in your mind. 

"Then they're okay." Cole said. Although, it sounded like he was reassuring you more than anything else as he patted your shoulder.  

Kai huffed. "But we're still grounded. Let's get back to work... before the Sons of Garmadon puck up our trail." He soon jumped up onto the main deck of the Bounty, along with the other Ninja. 

You grumbled under your breath. "How are you all so fine with just sitting here like ducks?! I have done plenty of waiting in my life to know we are targets! There is no way the Sons of Garmadon can't see the smoke. They will find us! Let alone Lloyd being stuck with Harumi. Something is wrong with her!" There was a little voice in your mind that was telling you to stop, and use reason.  What you should be doing is aiding in fixing the Bounty but you needed to find Lloyd. It was some instinct. 

"We can't spare you too Y/N!" Cole argued back. "The quicker we get the ship fixed, the sooner we can find him and Harumi. There is no point in complaining, not now." He sounded almost defeated. But there had to be some other emotion in his voice, you couldn't pin point it. "We all need to focus on the Bounty right now. It's the best shot we have." His eyes that seemed to be as dark as coal itself stared into yours. 

The both of you stayed quiet in the shared moment, just focusing on each other. It was like the both of you were magnetically drawn together. What was that? What just happened? There was a connection. It stuck around until you sighed and let him be. You really needed to see Lloyd. Your legs hopped over to Jay as he was by the booster that just malfunctioned, trying to repair it. Oh boy, this isn't great. 

Your mind was slightly shook up still. You conjured up times in your head in the past of when both you and Cole had been together but it hadn't meant anything like what just happened. Both of your passions truly fought, but it was more like sparks flew.  Oh no no no, you thought to yourself. ( ;) hope y'all liked the lil twist there but don't worry this is a Lloyd fic after all )