Chapter Five ~ Jealousy

//This song is heckin' cute and it honestly fits yours (the reader's) and Lloyd's relationship!! //

Pixal's alarms startled both you and Lloyd the most, you backing up away from him and having to get your head back into the right state of mind. You needed to focus on the tasks at hand, not the softness of Lloyd's lips. But oh boy was it appealing to think of. In your dazed-liked state, once Nya and Jay came into the room, Jay accidentally bumped into you, though it wasn't his fault. You just weren't paying attenion, oops. You chose to stand near Nya and soon Kai stood next to you as he walked in shortly after. 

The only reason you didn't go stand by Lloyd was because you honestly weren't sure how to feel. Him and Harumi must have had to have a least a little something going on between them, the longing gazes you've seen them share must have a meaning. But then, Lloyd just goes in and kisses you out of nowhere! You didn't even know what to think!

Speak of the devil and she shall appear, you thought to yourself and quietly chuckled when Harumi walked into the room. You couldn't lie, the kiss shared between you and Lloyd surely cheered up your mood. Ugh, stop, thinking about it! You mentally yelled at yourself. You glanced around the room, seeing everyone except Cole. Huh? Maybe he was downstairs with the baby.

Pixal spoke up through the monitor saying, "There's been a development. I have been attempting to repair the damage to his system when I stumbled on something." She then played a voice clip with incoherent speaking and language. What in all of Ninjago City was that type of voice? It was horrific. 

"What's that?" Both you and Lloyd asked in unison. 

"A digital communication between Mr. E and The Quiet One. Zane intercepted and recorded the call in his last moments of consciousness." Pixal showed the voice clips sound waves on the screen. "It was encrypted, but I managed to decipher the message." 

She played the recording a couple more times, but it still sounded like gibberish to you, and to the others as they also had confusion across their faces. Though, on the last recording Pixal played, it said clearly in a deep, robotic voice, "The trap has been set."

Jay instantly opened up his mouth. "The trap? What trap?" 

To which, Kai responded with, "Classic bad guy stuff. Must be in their DNA." 

Though at hearing that, Kai received a smack on his arm from you. "Hey! So not true!" You exclaimed. He flinched his arm back, then looked at you.

"Okay, you're an exception Y/N." He clarified.

"Wait a minute!" Nya started, "If Mr. E sent a message, then maybe we could locate the Quiet One's whereabouts? Pixal, can you triangulate the point of origin?"

"That's great Pixal! How long will it take?" Lloyd seemed pretty enthused, must've been from earlier you smirked to yourself, enjoying your private thoughts. 

However, Pixal's tone did not match Lloyd's. "I don't know. The storm is interfering with my trace program. If we descended to a lower altitude then it might help." 

You bit the inside of your cheek, "So why aren't we descending?" You asked, still a little out of the loop.

Though Harumi spoke up in an innocent tone, "The storm is hiding us, if we drop below the clouds won't the Sons of Garmadon spot us?"

You contradicted her by saying, "But since the Sons of Garmadon are already chasing us anyways for the baby, we could do the unthinkable of leaving the protection of the storm. They wouldn't suspect us to leave our cover, we've already proved our wit and cleverness. They assume we wouldn't do anything stupid." Your eyes flickered around the table but then stopped at Harumi as you stared right at her to say your next sentence. "And since the Quiet One is the leader of the Sons of Garmadon, it's reasonable to think that they would be with their team to lead. Once we would pinpoint the location of the Quiet One, we could tell where the Sons of Garmadon are and their leader." You explained, moving your eyes to Lloyd's.