#11 - Shayne's Arrangement

*Shayne*

During our time in Ojai, I had managed to get Stuart's email address from Rosalie. I wanted to talk to him about the possibility of buying a house for me and Courtney in Thousand Oaks, as Rosalie said he had worked there as well as in Ojai. That way we would have somewhere to go in the future, when we were ready. Thousand Oaks seemed like the perfect place to raise our kids and grow old together, especially since Courtney herself grew up there.

I contacted him shortly after Courtney and I got back to LA, and we both had to go back to our own apartments to check up on everything, as we had been gone for a week. I got out my phone and started emailing him.

Good morning Stuart,

I hope you are well. My name is Shayne Topp, I met with your sister, Rosalie, just last week. She informed me that you were involved in the construction of many of the new houses in Ojai, as well as some older ones in Thousand Oaks, and I wished to discuss the possibility of buying a home for me and my girlfriend, who currently live in Los Angeles.

Yours Sincerely,

Shayne Topp

I was satisfied with the professionalism I incorporated throughout the email, but I would keep it a secret from Courtney. I wanted her to be the happiest woman in the world when I told her.

A few hours later I received a reply from Stuart:

Hello Shayne,

Thank you for contacting me. I am travelling to Los Angeles this weekend to meet up with an old friend, but if you would like to discuss things in person I'm sure I could arrange something.

Let me know.

Yours Sincerely,

Stuart Harper

I grinned and responded:

I'd love to meet up. How about the Starbucks, closest to Santa Monica Pier? Saturday morning? 9am?

Stuart replied:

Sounds great. See you then. Just so we know how to look out for each other, I have dark brown hair. I'm 6"2. I wear glasses, and I'll probably have a red rucksack on.

I emailed back:

Awesome. I'm blonde. Blue eyes. 5"9.

Stuart returned:

Great. See you on Saturday, Shayne.

I smiled widely, before envisioning my future with Courtney in Thousand Oaks. I couldn't wait.