#86 - Sing Me A Song

*Courtney*

"Shayne! Shayne!" I half whispered, half shouted.

His sleepy eyes peeled open but as he realised the situation he bolted upright, immediately cupping my face.

"What's wrong, what's wrong?" Shayne asked frantically.

I chuckled, "Nothing nothing. The baby's kicking!"

My husband's ocean blue eyes illuminated with exuberance and a grin teased the corner of his lips. I grabbed his hand and guided it to my rounded belly-bump, closing my eyes and revelling in the euphoria of this incredible moment. Even the thought of Shayne Topp, my husband, feeling our baby kicking in my stomach was nothing short of mind-blowing.

The baby kicked once more, and Shayne laughed with pure delight, before kissing my cold lips and crying against my face.

"I love you," we said simultaneously.

After laughing at our unified claims of love, we decided to sing our baby a song, before settling on the stereotypical 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.'

Shayne's tone matched mine, and we sang countless songs for hours on end, hushing our little baby to sleep inside of me.

Eventually I found myself asleep besides my Shayne, with our nude bodies intertwining, sharing our warmth and love. I gently nibbled his neck, whispering my admiration for him, and all he did was smile and say the same in return, until the two of us drifted off, hand in hand, protecting our precious little baby.