𝔦. 𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐋𝐄

❝𝔬𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔬𝔫𝔢, 𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔥𝔞𝔰 𝔪𝔞𝔫𝔶 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔰; 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔯𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔰𝔢 𝔦𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔴𝔢𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔰𝔱❞

╰☆╮

𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑. Sleeping in an extra ten minutes could lead to something drastic like missing a bus and losing your job... or taking a shortcut instead of the safe route you always took. One small decision was what ultimately lead Marcus and Nikita to Master Lin. It had not been an easy recruitment, as he had half expected, and Liam Harding had been the one to volunteer himself into getting the two teenagers back into the school. That had consisted of getting Nikita on board first, knowing she could sway Marcus into following her. Nikita, now under the false pretence that Liam could and would help her find out the whereabouts of her former student father, had also been told by the boy that if the answer to joining the school was going to be a no then she would have had until midnight to run before Lin set every cop on her and Marcus—orders sent and set by Mr Valdemar himself.

It was a small lie, but Liam liked to justify it by maintaining the fact it was not a lie... just a version of the truth. The order that had actually been set by Mr Valdemar was that Master Lin was to see to it that if Nikita did not join the school, that she was at least settled somewhere safe and somewhere that would benefit her. Technically, a prison met those requirements—it was a bed, meals, and a roof. Perhaps not the safest, but there were at least guards. As for it benefits, perhaps she could make new friends... start a business or ring among the jail, or even take up a new hobby.

Nikita, of course, did not believe it at first and questioned the male why her father would risk it all when she would happily give him up to get some kind of deal for her and Marcus—only that idea was shot down when Liam asked her how she would give her father up if she did not even know where he was or where he could even remotely be. It was with that and some thinking that prompted Nikita to go after Marcus, who before Liam joined the blonde, had left her himself with no goodbye and just a false promise he would find her later.

Nikita had shed some tears over Marcus' actions in response to seeing the police surround the camp they had returned to in order to take back their belongings, hearing her fathers voice in her head reminding her that crying over someone else was no way to behave. But in reality, she wanted to drop to the ground and cry until there were no more tears left, her heart sinking as she started to wonder what was wrong with her—what it could possibly be that made everyone either leave her, or her lose them.