𝔳𝔦. 𝐍𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐓𝐓

❝𝔤𝔬𝔩𝔡𝔢𝔫 𝔯𝔲𝔩𝔢 𝔬𝔣 𝔩𝔦𝔣𝔢: 𝔫𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔲𝔫𝔡𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔰𝔱𝔦𝔪𝔞𝔱𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔯𝔦𝔳𝔞𝔩𝔰❞

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐘𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐄𝐓, 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐘'𝐒 𝐒𝐋𝐔𝐌𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘 𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐂𝐊 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐔𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐄. Everyone looked down at Rory, before looking back up at the boy who had saved them all, the plank of wood still in the boys hands, his attention on Rory and the rage inside of him as opposed to the trio watching him waiting to see what he was going to do—drop the weapon and run whilst he had the chance to do so, or finish of the job and his homework and proceed to kill Rory. Marcus, surprised at himself more than the others were surprised at him, felt like the world around him was on mute and the volume in his head was on full volume. Nikolas was behind him, having caught up with the others after he stuffed body number one into the boot of his car, already knowing where he could dump it. He looked between Marcus and Liam, giving the latter a look that he translated as 'the Rat kid has more guts than you' not caring at all if it was Liam's intentions to stand back and let Marcus deal with Rory or if it was just how things had worked out.

"Are you in or out, man?" Nikolas spoke up as his eyes landed back on Marcus, who was sure both time and the world around him were very much continuing even though for him it was like everything had stopped, eager to see where the situation was going.

"He can't do it, we'll just leave" Liam rolled his eyes, gesturing to the opposite end of the alleyway, leading back out to civilisation and the school they all attended.

Or did attend, given it seemed Marcus had given up on the school as well as Nikita. As for Nikolas, he had no intentions of leaving just yet, despite the fact he was not even in the same class as the trio standing with him.

"Of course he can do it" the tall male was quick to insists, Nikita glancing over at her brother wondering how he even knew anything about Marcus.

"Shut up and let him think" Nikita snapped once again, glaring at Liam and then back at Nikolas as she ordered them to stop bickering and give Marcus a moment to think—whilst also internally panicking over the fact Marcus was faced with such a big decision.

Unlike the others, he was without any real experience in killing or dealing with it. He only had the knowledge, limited at that, he had picked up on in the classes he had attended. Nikita, again like the others, had never seen Marcus purposely kill before. The male had always been a world away from death and murder, despite it ironically being the way they had met, unlike how her father had been heavily involved with it and how she had grown up around it.