𝔳. 𝐒*𝐌*𝐀*𝐒*𝐇

❝𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔪𝔬𝔰𝔱 𝔡𝔞𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯𝔬𝔲𝔰 𝔠𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 𝔬𝔣 𝔞𝔫𝔶 𝔰𝔬𝔠𝔦𝔢𝔱𝔶 𝔦𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔪𝔞𝔫 𝔴𝔥𝔬 𝔥𝔞𝔰 𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔱𝔬 𝔩𝔬𝔰𝔢❞

𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐔𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐘 𝐁𝐄 𝐀 𝐑𝐀𝐓, 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐏 𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎, 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐀𝐌 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐋 𝐑𝐀𝐓. He had realised how easy it was to manipulate Marcus, more specifically when Nikita was the topic, and due to that the male was on his way to find Nikita whilst Marcus wandered the dark night streets with the very unsettling knowledge that he would never see Nikita again—but, as Liam had told him, Marcus not being around meant Nikita would not have to suffer the consequences that come with being best friends with the male and publicly supporting the lowly ranked male. Nikita would not agree to Liam's words, of course, but currently she had no idea that was the lie Liam had spun and as far as she knew it was her who was the problem. She had returned to the school only to find Marcus' side of the temporary dorm empty, and a passing student had told her he had run away... without sharing the reason, of course, and to put it simply the whole thing was a disaster.

A massive fucking disaster, as classed by Marcus, who was having no luck finding somewhere safe and quiet to rest for the night. As he crossed yet another alleyway, the male jumped back as a car came to a screeching halt, and the male began to question whether or not he would have been better off letting the car hit him.

"Hey, Arguello, get in the car—" Marcus heard the driver call out to him, blinking before he glanced around to see if maybe he had been run over and transported to an alternate reality where strangers knew his name "C'mon, man, this is a no stopping zone... and we've got that Black Arts assignment to ace" the male, who Marcus did not know was in fact Nikita's brother Nikolas, added on and further confused Marcus in the process. He did not appreciate Marcus' stalling, which prompted him to take a different route to get Marcus into joining him, and so far the other male had failed to realise that Nikolas was not even in the class Marcus had with Master Lin.

"There is no we" Marcus shook his head at the male as he not-so-kindly broke the news to the other boy, who looked much cleaner than Marcus, who was currently being hit by drizzling rain and wearing his tattered old jacket. As he spoke, after interrupting Nikolas' plan b, Marcus shivered and wished he had remembered where he had put his hoodie. What he did not know was that Nikita was wearing it, having found it under the bed opposite hers, figuring Marcus had been in too much of a rush to bother looking for it—instead she had, hoping it was a clue, but it was nothing more than a forgotten article of clothing