008

CHAPTER EIGHT:

CHAPTER EIGHT:

after class was over, scott opened the door and stiles held it open for marcie as they walked out into the hall.

"it's her." stiles said making scott look behind him.

"what do you mean?" scott said.

"allison. it's her." marcie said.

"it's allison. remember when you told me about the night of the full moon? you were thinking about her, right? about protecting her." stiles said.

"okay." scott said nodding.

"and the night of the first lacrosse game. you said you could hear her voice while you were out on the field." stiles said.

"yeah, i did." scott said.

"well, so that's what brought you back so you could score. and then after the game in the locker room, you didn't kill her. at least not like how you were trying to kill me. she brings you back, is what i'm saying." stiles said.

"allison isn't the problem here, she's actually the solution." marcie told him.

"no, no, no, but it's not always true, because literally every time i'm kissing her or touching her-" scott began but stiles cut him off.

"no, that's not the same. when you're doing that, you're just another hormonal teenager thinking about sex, you know?" stiles said making scott grin.

"oh, my god." marcie said disgusted by scott's behavior.

"you're thinking about sex right now, aren't you?" stiles asked him.

"yeah. sorry..." scott said with a smile.

"that's fine. look, back in the classroom when she was holding your hand, that was different, okay? i don't think she makes you weak. i think she actually gives you control. she's kind of like an anchor." stiles explained.

"you mean because i love her." scott said.

"did i just hear the L word?" marcie asked with a smile.

"exactly." stiles replied.

"did i just say that?" scott asked.

"yes, you just said that." stiles said.

"i love her." scott said.

"yes, yes you do, scotty." marcie said.

"that's great. now, moving on-" stiles began.

"no, no, no, really. i think i'm totally in love with her." scott said as stiles' eyes flickered over to marcie then back to scott.

"and that's beautiful. now, before you go off and write a sonnet, can we figure this out, please? because you obviously can't be around her all the time." stiles said.