Prolouge

This is set after CA:CW but Bucky doesn't get frozen and Tony and Steve are on good terms and all the Avengers live in Stark Tower, except Hulk and Thor, they are still elsewhere.

Prologue

Natasha doesn't want to admit what she felt in her past, she just wants to forget about her life as Natalia Romanova, Russia's best assassin and live the rest of her life as Natasha Romanoff, an Avenger.

There is only one thing stopping her from this. Well, one person really. James. Her James, the one she had spent years looking for, searching for, hoping to find any sign that he was still alive, but she came up with nothing. He was a ghost to her for all those years. Until about a year ago that's all he was until Steve started to search for him as well. And then he found him, when he wanted to be found.

Natasha couldn't bring herself to tell Steve about her history with Bucky, he had just gotten his best friend back and he didn't seem to remember her anyway, so there was no point. Their history would only stop the progress he was making at getting Hydra out of his head, she knew something about that.

She couldn't let herself seem weak, she was marble, not easily cracked, that was what she had been taught all those years ago and she never forgot.

It's been almost a year since the fight at the airport and everyone seems to have put it in the past. Steve and Tony are getting along as if nothing had happened. Wanda and Vision get along very well, so well Natasha suspected something was going on between the two of them, but she decided to keep her suspicions to herself. For now. Tony's intern Peter moved into the Tower as well, so he could help Tony in the lab or to be closer incase of emergencies. Natasha was quite found of the baby spider, as she likes to call him, she thought he was a good addition to the team, he brings the light and fun. Natasha felt she was lacking in both, especially since Clint had retired again. She missed him terribly and got bored since she had no one to spar with. Well of course there was Steve, he could definitely keep up with her despite her jokes about his age. Bucky could most definitely beat her but she usually avoids him at all costs, to avoid bringing up memories in him but also for her.

There are just something she'd rather forget.