Chapter 7

As Jimin walked away from Emily he tried to wrap his mind around that she had the CD. She was the one he was supposed to find. He couldn't believe this. He honestly wasn't thrilled about it. When he was on a job, he was expected to get close to his target and was allowed to form relationships with others over the course of his time there, but he wasn't ever supposed to be more than platonically friendly with his marks. This is going to be a problem he thought in frustration. His feelings, new as they may be, were definitely more than friendly where Emily was concerned. He kept circling darkly around this new information as he made his way to the apartment the agency had procured for him. This should be a no brainer, he thought as he trudged up the stairs to his apartment. I know how I should handle this, so why am I making this so difficult?

He was still lost in thought as he unlocked the door and made his way inside. He slipped out of his boots at the entryway and padded toward the living room, flipping on the lights as he went. He nearly jumped out of his skin when he noticed the figure sitting on his couch. He clutched his chest and gasped in shock before registering who it was sitting on the couch. The mint haired man on the couch shot him a bored look, arching his eyebrow at him in the process.

"Are you done freaking out?" Yoongi asked. "Mr. Yoo sent me to check up on you. You've been here a week and there hasn't been any progress as far as we can tell."

Jimin resisted the urge to roll his eyes. In every single case Mr. Yoo, their manager, was on his back if there weren't immediate results, never mind the fact that Jimin was one of the employees with the highest success rate. Yoongi stared at Jimin expectantly.

"I just found her today," he answered, saturating his voice with forced patience. "I confirmed her identity today and was going to call Mr. Yoo as soon as I got back."

Jimin wanted very much to add, and since Mr. Yoo sent you to check up on me again you can deliver the message to him. He bit his tongue though. Yoongi was even better at the job than Jimin was. He was highly valued by Mr. Yoo and was known to have quite the temper if disrespected by younger recruits, no matter how good they were at the job.

"Let him know and send the CD back," Yoongi stated plainly as he rose from the couch and made his way to the door, not bothering to say good-bye. As soon as Yoongi was out the door, Jimin pulled out his phone and typed out a message to Mr. Yoo, "I found my mark and made contact." His thumb hesitated over the send button. Now that Yoongi knew, he had to tell his boss sooner rather than later. Usually this wasn't a problem. He'd been attracted to marks before, but this was different. He took a deep breath and sent the message, shuffling to his kitchen to retrieve his mailing supplies. As he packaged up the CD he thought about how he could have done things differently, knowing inside there wasn't actually any other way to have gone about things. He would rather carry out his job in spite of whatever feelings he was having than to go against the agency and suffer the consequences. As far as he knew, no one had defied the agency, but he was sure if they had, the punishment would have been quick and severe. Before he could dwell on the potential consequences anymore, his phone buzzed with an incoming message.

"Good. Get the job done."

Jimin sighed, shoving his phone into his pocket again and leaving the package on the counter. He made his way to the living room again, flopping down on the couch. The hardest part was over: finding your mark and getting close to them, earning their trust. Now he just needed to get closer to Emily, which based on their outing this afternoon probably wouldn't be too hard. It was time to make a master plan.

///

Emily was still a little dumbstruck as she let herself into her apartment. Not only had Jimin not acted like she was crazy after hearing her carrying on, but he took the creepy, possibly possessed CD and thought he was going to be able to keep it from reappearing in her life again. She toed off her sneakers and padded to the kitchen grabbing a banana from the counter as she mindlessly made her way to the living room. Emily munched on the banana as she thought about the day she'd had. Jimin was sweet and shy and though she didn't know much about him she felt safe around him. She felt like he was one person she could really be herself around, the way she was with Angela.

Plopping down on the couch, she considered what he'd said about taking the CD home so then it wouldn't be a problem for her. Short of destroying it, she had tried just about everything to get rid of the CD so she wasn't really sure what Jimin's plan was. Maybe he didn't actually believe what you said about the CD anxiety whispered to her. Emily shook her head, trying to erase the negative thoughts from her head. Honestly, it didn't matter if Jimin believed her or not. She wasn't crazy and she knew that the CD had continued to return to her every time she tried to be rid of it. Besides he specifically told me he believed that sometimes things happen that we can't explain, but that doesn't make us crazy.

Emily sighed deeply, resolving to believe that he really felt that way, though she wasn't sure why she cared so much about what he thought of her. Standing, she made her way to the kitchen to throw away her banana peel. As she chucked the peel in the trash, she heard her phone going off in her purse. She hurried over to where she'd left it in the entryway. Crouching down she rifled through it until she found her phone, answering it in the nick of time.

"Hello," Emily answered breathlessly, not having bothered to check who it was.

There was silence on the other end of the line.

"Hello," she tried again. When there was still no reply, she pulled the phone away from her ear, checking to see if she'd lost the connection. She didn't recognize the number on the screen. Bringing the phone back to her ear she tried one last time, "H-hello," she stuttered nervously.

Emily's blood ran cold when she heard a maniacal giggle on the other end of the line. Ripping the phone from her ear she ended the call and quickly blocked the number. She could feel cold overtaking her extremities as anxiety pumped through her body. This is going to be a long night.

A/N I love ya'll!  Thanks for reading!