5. You Can't Do This To Me

Jisoo came back from her little outing with Jennie way too confused and way too caffeinated. A couple hours of talking and cups of coffee later, Jisoo was completely distraught.

"She acted like she didn't completely cut me out of her life and practically throw me into and emotional ditch! It was like she was avoiding a bajillion ton elephant in the room, and she knew it, but yet she did it so flawlessly and it wasn't awkward and i just don't know..." Jisoo huffed, nearly out of breath from her rampage of words.

"Chu, stop. I think you're reading to much into it, as usual. You should just go with the flow, and maybe this confused flustered crap with smooth itself out." Lisa said nonchalantly.

"Wow, leave it too you to make that sound easy. I can't help it, it's just my nature to stress out over situations like these." Jisoo sighed, throwing herself on the soft cushions of the couch.

"Soo, maybe Jennie just genuinely didn't know what to say about what happened. She could've felt terribly sorry, but just didn't know how to express it. That's Jennie's second nature." Chaeyoung said sipping her cup of tea as she joined Lisa on the couch.

"It's just all so confusing. I'm pretty sure I'm over what happened, despite how much it changed me, but it just felt so weird." Jisoo said frowning.

"What felt weird?" Lisa asked cuddling closer into Chaeng.

"Seeing her face. her gummy smile and manduekie cheeks. Hearing her voice. Seeing the same girl who I was in love with for so long, yet sporting a new aura of maturity. But she's still so damn beautiful. But the weirdest thing was how she talked to me like we hadn't been in separate countries for three years. The conversation flowed so effortlessly, yet in felt like she was not being genuine. I guess i just need to be cautious." Jisoo explained.

The conversation ended with a perplexed sigh from the other two girls as Jisoo got up off of the couch.

--

"Lisa, i can't bear to see her practically destroyed again. As much as I want all four of us back together, I think we all should take this reunion very, very, almost painfully slow. We can't risk it." Chaeyoung said firmly.

All the girls had their quirks. Jisoo was always stressing too much, Chaeyoung was always way too cautious, Lisa too carefree, and Jennie was sometimes a little closed off. However, that's what made their chemistry so strong as a group. The three girls craved to have the reserved brunette back in their lives, no matter how much any of them knew it. 

--

Jisoo sat down at her desk to start on one of her new building sketches. Just as she picked up her pencil, she heard and monotonous buzz of her phone coming from her nightstand.

1 New Message

Jennie: hey jisoo, I'm really glad we got to hang out today :)

Jisoo felt herself respond immediately. Nearly subconsciously.

Jisoo: yeah me too, lisa and chaeng said they miss you 

'Was that too forward? Maybe Jennie just wanted to see who she was and make it a one time thing, and she didn't want to see Jisoo again. But why did she text me? Does she wanna rekindle our friendship?' Jisoo's hectic debate with herself was interrupted with another buzz  of her phone.

Jennie: really? i would really like to see you guys again. maybe all four of us could hang out sometime soon?

Jisoo: that sounds awesome, do you want to come over in a couple days and hang with us? all 3 of us usually stay in and watch a movie on saturdays

--

And that's how Jennie ended up at the trio's apartment, wearing a onesie that her brother gave her for Christmas as a joke, and a family size of microwavable popcorn.

"Wow, i didn't expect you to actually take me up on the onesie request. And thanks for the popcorn." Jisoo said playfully when she saw Jennie at the door. For some reason she found herself talking with a rather confident tone, playful jabs and teases coming out of her mouth effortlessly, unlike how she was talking earlier that week with Jennie. Definitely not like Jisoo.

"I thought it was mandatory!" Jennie said with a dramatic sigh.

"JEN JEN!" Lisa yelled from around the hallway, engulfing the brunette in a warm hug.

When Chaeyoung heard Lisa yelling she rushed off of the couch to go give Jennie a hug too.

"JENNIE, WOW YOU'RE HERE!" Chaeyoung exclaimed, running over to join their hug. 

Jennie just laughed and said, "God, I missed you guys so much it's unreal."

Jisoo stood back smiling contently, staring at her friends. Maybe Jennie had changed.

But not that much.

She still had the very strong power to get Jisoo flustered, which she used to her advantage many time that night.

Jisoo didn't know what was going on. But she didn't mind. But one thing was bothering her through the night. She thought she was over Jennie. She swore she was. Yet, her heart didn't make her so sure. A couple of butterflies crept into her stomach during their movie time. All the nostalgia of the times they watched movies together also came with reminders of how powerless jisoo was under her Jennie's complete oblivion to her humongous crush.

'How can you still do this to me? You shouldn't be able to.' Jisoo thought to herself as the end credits were rolling lazily onto the screen, seeing the other three girls sprawled all over the couch in a peaceful slumber. Jisoo had a feeling that she wouldn't be able to do the same.

'You can't do this to me.'

--

hey gays

as always, thank you for all of the votes and reads and comments, they really do mean a lot

i hope you guys have a great day/night and stay healthy and safe :) i luv u

-e