1

Hoseok's POV

I toss my phone down on my bed and rush downstairs, throwing a silent prayer up to the ceiling.

"Hey, dad?"

"Hm?" He looks up at me from the television. "What is it?"

"Jimin wants to meet up, so can I? Please!"

"Hoseok it's a school night. Where do you want to go?"

"Just out."

"For what?"

I shrug. "Just...nothing."

"Hoseok I know you think I'm too hard on you. It's only because I love you."

"I know dad, but..."

"I'm sorry son. It's no. Don't you have homework?"

"Yes but, it's effortless. Dad please, I never get to go out!"

"Yes you do, when you're with me or when you're at school."

"Dad!" I whine.

"I'm not having my son going outside when it's getting dark and on a school night. Especially when you have work to do."

"What if I didn't have work to do?"

"It will still be a no."

I whine and pout, but he ignores me.

"Fine! Then I will never go out! And I will miss out on everything!"

"I thought you said nothing was happening?"

"Dad!" I stomp to my bedroom and slam the door for added effect. Throw myself onto my bed and call Jimin.

"Hobi, how did it go?"

"Bad. I can't come, I have to stay in my cell."

Jimin giggles. "Aw Hobi. You know your dad is very protective of you. I think it's sweet."

"Yah! If it were your dad, you wouldn't think that!"

"Yeah, I guess. You know that new boy will be at the party. I'll try to get a pic of him for you."

"I hope he is really ugly then since I'm gonna miss it."

"Aw, I'll see you at school tomorrow. Tell you all about it."

I hang up, majorly upset. For as long as I can remember, dad has never let me out at night. But I thought that since I'm almost seventeen that, surely he would lighten up and let me have some fun. I dread the day I go to college. Would it still be the same? My friends living it up while I sit at home with my dad? Oh well, might as well do my homework, nothing else for me to do.

After finishing my homework, I slump downstairs to sit on the sofa beside dad. He chuckles at my sulky face.

"I'm sorry, Hoseok. But you do understand, don't you?"

"No, dad. I don't. My friends get to go out on school nights. I can't even go out when it's not a school night. It's not fair!"

Dad sighs. "It's not safe for you, son."

"Not safe for me, but it's safe for them? That makes no sense!"

"Hoseok!" He snaps at me, and I cringe. "Do I have to make you watch those documentaries again? Do you want to see what monster's do to children?"

"No, I don't!" I shudder, those documentaries gave me nightmares as a child, and they still haunt me to this day. I know I can never win this argument, but I still want to try. "It doesn't mean that it's going to happen to me. And if I don't go out ever, then how will I ever have a social life? When I go to college or get a job, will I still not be allowed out at night?"

My dad glares at me, and I wish I had kept my mouth shut. "Hoseok, you're just a smartarse now. Go to your room!"

"But dad!"

"GO!"

I speed up the stairs to my room as fast as I can, I leap onto my bed and hide under the covers. My heart is pounding. I hate when he yells at me. I shouldn't have argued with him. I can't stop the tears from falling down my cheeks. I do not bother to wipe them away, more will follow, they always do. I usually cry myself to sleep after a row with dad, and this night will no doubt be the same. My phone vibrates beside me on the bed. It's a text from Jimin. He's sent a picture of the new boy. I gasp at the image. The new boy is gorgeous and intense looking. His face masculine, sharp jaw, his brown eyes are piercing. His black hair is swept to one side. I'm mesmerised by his body, his muscles, his abs clearly visible in his tight white top. Jimin texts again.

Jimin

"What do you think?"

Hoseok

"Is he real?"

J

Jimin

"Oh, he's real, alright. Perfect, isn't he?"

Hoseok

"What's his name?"

Jimin

"Jungkook."

Hoseok

"Is he gay?"

Jimin

"Lol. I haven't found that out yet, give me a chance."

Hoseok

"Tell me when you know. And I'm keeping that pic."

Jimin

"Knock yourself out, babe. Lol."

Hoseok

"Jimin! Tut tut. Lol."

I continue to stare at the image. Is it possible that if he is gay, would he even like me? Would he fancy me? I shake myself back to reality. No, he has the look of a famous person. He probably won't even notice me. I start to imagine seeing Jungkook at school. He would catch me and would drag me into an empty room, where he would kiss me and undress me. Jungkook would rip his shirt off to reveal his abs. He would take me and make me his. I let out a soft moan that wakes me from my daydream. I notice that I have a hard-on. I sigh. He won't notice me at all. I know that. A sudden knock on my door makes me yelp, and I'm still hard, I try to bundle my blankets up more to hide it.

"Hoseok?" Dad calls to me.

"Yeah, what?"

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?"

Dad opens the door. "Do you want to watch a movie with me?"

I gulp. My erection is still there. I hope he hasn't noticed it. "Uh, yes. But I want to shower first." There's no way I'm moving until he is out of the room.

"Okay, don't be too long." Dad closes the door. I hear him walk downstairs.

I breathe a sigh of relief. I put my hand to my chest, feeling the thump of my excited heartbeat. When will it calm down? I look again at the image on my phone. "You are a bad influence, Mr Jungkook."