20

One year later

Hoseok's POV

I was woken up by the sounds of mum arguing with someone downstairs. I couldn't tell what she was saying or who it was to. I quickly washed and dressed and crept downstairs. I caught sight of my brother Yoongi and forgetting everything. I ran to hug him. I was sure he would push me away, but, to my surprise, he wrapped his arms around me.

"Hoseok! Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I tell him. "How are you? When did you get out? How did you get out?"

Yoongi smiles and ruffles my hair. "I will tell you. But first I'm going to take you out."

"More secrets to tell?" Mum snaps.

Yoongi glares at her. "No. Only the truth."

"Wait until your father gets home!" Mum hisses.

Yoongi scoffs at her. "Well since our dad has been missing for some time now, please do tell us when he returns."

Before mum can argue back, yoongi grabs my shoes and pushes me out of the house. I quickly put on my shoes and follow him.

"Where are we going?"

"Somewhere we can talk privately. A cafe maybe. Is that alright with you?"

I smile at him. "Yes. I'm so glad you're back. I've missed you."

"I missed you too, bro."

At the cafe, we took a table in the back and ordered our drinks.

"So, what happened?" I ask once our drinks are served.

Yoongi exhales. "Well, the police figured out that I'm not a killer. And I admitted that I lied to them about attacking Taehyung."

"What? That wasn't you? Who was it? Why did you tell them it was you?"

He shrugs. "You live with mum. You know what it is like. I'd had enough. I wanted out of there. Stupidly I thought the only way out of that house was prison. But then I heard that you were living there and I couldn't help you. So I started to tell them the truth that I had lied. But that changed nothing until Taehyung went missing and Jimin confessed. I had to do some time for my lie, and now here I am."

I frown. "Jimin confessed? What do you mean?"

"He told them that he was involved. That he attacked Taehyung."

I gasp. "What?!"

"You didn't know that?"

"No! I was told that he had moved away. He...so he is in prison?"

"Yes. I'm sorry, bro."

I nod at him. "It's okay. I mean, he did drug Tae and me. He apologised but, he didn't tell me why he did it."

"He got involved with bad people Hoseok, that's all I know."

I shrug, not wanting to talk about Jimin anymore. I've been missing him, and now I find out he was the one that almost killed Taehyung. "So what are you doing now? Will you be living with mum again?"

"No."

"Why not?" I pout

"Now that I've left school, I have a job and my own home. I'm never going back to that house."

"Is...is that why you and mum were arguing?"

"Partly. She was angrier when I told her that I would have you living with me soon."

My heart leapt, and a grin plays on my face. "Really?! Can we do that? But...would she let me?"

"She says not. But you're in your last year of school now, and once you leave, she won't be able to tell you no."

"So, I cant live with you just yet?" My grin fades.

"Not yet little bro. Soon. And I will visit you all the time."

"Thank you, Yoongi." I felt tears cloud my sight. "Its been so awful without you."

"Well, you're not alone anymore Hoseok. I'm with you."