9

Jungkook's POV

This whole killer on the loose shit is annoying. It's sickening, but we can't go anywhere! Stuck in school, bored. Knowing that when it's over, parents will be collecting us, like we are toddler's still. And after that, we just stay in our homes.

Hoseok finally texted me back yesterday. It wasn't much of a conversation, just "I'm fine. How are you?". I need to get us passed the niceties. I adore him. He is so cute, why can't he see that I like him? Is he not interested in me? Jimin told me that Hoseok is gay, so what is the problem? I'm pissed that Jimin has been allowed to visit him too. Where the hell is my invite?

I managed to slot myself in with Hoseok's friends. They seem to be really cool guys. I can see why Hoseok likes them. Namjoon is a total genius; he has a great future ahead of him. Jin is crazy and funny, he laughs at just about anything, and you just can't help but laugh along with him. And of course, there is Jimin, he is probably the kindest of them all, he is the type that will always have your back, plus he is sexy as hell. I don't think Hoseok could have asked for a better group of friends.

The atmosphere at school has changed dramatically. No one is happy; they are afraid. They wonder if the killer can see them right now. Suppose he is right amongst them. Taehyung and his group have become silent since the death of their friend. Maybe they are considering changing their ways. Nah I doubt that. I'm sure they will start back up into the bullying life soon. It's like an affliction, and bullies just cannot help themselves.

The killer has reignited my desire to be a police officer. I want to catch the freak. My school work has improved. The teacher's and headmaster are very pleased. So in a bizarre twist of circumstance, thank you Mr killer but, also fuck you, because of him or her, we can't even walk around school alone. We have to walk to and from lessons together, to the lunch hall and even to the toilet!

It is in the bathroom where Taehyung and I properly meet. He stands there peeing, glaring at me, as I do the same. But with some distance between us.

"What are you looking at freak?" He hisses at me.

"Nothing much. Where're your goons? Did you come alone?"

He sneers. "I don't need anyone to help me piss. What about you? Where's your band of freaks?"

"I don't need help either. By the way, I'm sorry about your friend."

Taehyung stares at me. For a moment, I thought I saw genuine grief in his eyes. No, that cant be possible surely.

"Thanks." He mumbles.

My jaw falls open. I didn't think a bully was capable of showing human emotions, least of all, gratitude. "Uh, no problem. Stay safe okay?"

He nods at me, and I take that as a sign for me to leave. I quickly wash my hands and scurry away from the puzzle that is Taehyung.

At lunch, I meander through the school. I already ate like five minutes ago. I don't need to waste time chatting while I eat. I prefer just to eat and get on with my day. I decide to go to the bathroom and text Hoseok again. He ignored my earlier text or maybe he just hasn't seen it yet. Either way, I text again. I ask if he is getting any better.  What he is up to. And does he miss me? Yes, I actually asked him that, and the mother fucker just said "lol"! "Well, I miss you". I reply. He probably won't answer that one but no harm in trying right?

I'm about to leave when I hear a shuffling and a moan in one of the stalls. Naturally I would just assume someone is having a  hard shit or having sex, but, something feels off about this one. I make my way over to the stall.

"Are you doing something naughty in there?" I ask.

I expected a laugh or even an insult back. What I get instead is the door almost smacking me in the face. Then someone wearing a black hoody, with the hood up and a scarf masking their face, charges past me.

"Hey!" I shout after them. I shake my head and take a peek into the cubicle. I get the shock of my life when I see what the stranger had been hiding in here. A student is slumped down on the toilet, his head resting against the stall wall. His body is badly bruised and bloodied. A nasty wound in his stomach is pouring with blood, soaking his trousers and white school shirt. He isn't moving, what if he is dead?!

"Taehyung?" I whisper. "A-are you okay? Alive?"

Taehyung gasps. His terrified eyes find mine. "Help...me." he pants.

"Shit! Okay, okay! Don't move!" I grab a load of toilet paper to plug the wound and hopefully stop the bleeding a bit. "Hold on to that!" I tell him. "I'll get help! Just stay there!" And I shoot out of the room towards the nurse's station.