23

Jungkook's POV

It is getting dark out now, and after searching through piles of notebooks, we still know nothing. Only that Mr Jung suspects the killer to be a middle-aged man and he is adamant that the killer has accomplices that take the victims to him. He then proceeds to torture them and leave them to either live or die. It seems he leaves the latter part all up to fate.

I sigh heavily, dropping another book onto the finished pile. "This is not helpful at all!"

Hoseok screwed his face up in annoyance. Even when he is annoyed, he looks adorable. "All we know is what type of person could be doing this. Nothing about where dad could be!"

I smile at Hoseok and Yoongi; this must be incredibly hard for them. "You both take a break and rest for a bit. I will continue."

Yoongi nods at me. "Good idea for Hoseok, but I will continue also."

Hoseok's phone begins ringing; we all stare at it laid upon the table as though it were a bomb.

Hoseok whines as he answers. "Yes?"

"GET HOME NOW!" I heard his steed dad scream.

Hoseok jolted away from the phone. "But I'm with my friend...doing homework!"

"Don't answer back! You are becoming rude and ignorant like your useless brother! You will learn to behave, come home now!"

"Okay...I will." Hoseok ended the call; there were tears in his eyes. He looks petrified.

Yoongi powered Hoseok's phone off. "Don't go. Stay Hoseok, please."

"I have to go."

"No, you don't. You must stay away from him when he gets like that."

I narrow my eyes on Yoongi. "Do you think he will hurt Hoseok?"

"Yes. I know he will. When he says things like that, like 'you will learn', it means he wants to punish you."

I nod. "Alright. Then Hobi, you stay here."

Hoseok trembles. "But...if he comes here for me...what if he punishes me worse than he will if I go now?"

"Then we call the police," I tell him. "But he doesn't know where you are right now."

"I would kill him." Yoongi growls.

Hoseok gasps. "Yoongi!"

Yoongi smiles, but it was a dark smile. "I'm joking. Even though he would deserve it."

"Wait!" I point at the book I had been reading. "Accomplices that can get close to the children without being questioned?"

Hoseok nods. "Like Jimin. We know he is involved, but he won't say anything."

"Because he can't." I finished. "He is scared. Remember that gang of kids? His new 'friends'? They must be the accomplices."

Yoongi stares at the book. "Maybe they can lead us to where the victims are taken."

Hoseok scoffs. "You think they would just tell us everything? Just like that?"

"No," I say. "We follow them."

"Oh!" His eyes widen in understanding. "And they will know where the victims are punished?"

"Punished?!" I repeat as I share a wary glance with Yoongi. "Could it be possible?"

Yoongi shrugs. "I wouldn't say no. Actually, it's very possible."

Hoseok whimpers when he realises what we are suggesting. "You think mums boyfriend is the killer?"

"It could be," I tell him. "However, we need proof before we can accuse him. We can't just tell the police we think it's him because he likes to punish his step kids."

"How can we get proof?" Hoseok asks, running a shaky hand through his black hair.

Yoongi stands and stretches. "We need to find that gang and get answers from them."

"What if they attack us?"

I rise to my feet and pat Hoseok's back. "Then we will attack them back. They might know where your father is Hobi; we need to confront them."

He nodded reluctantly, biting his lip. "Okay. But how will we find them?"

"Hopefully they will be loitering around the school tomorrow."

"But we will be in classes, how can we look for them?"

"I will watch around the school," Yoongi says.

"But that could put you in danger!"

"I will be fine, Bro. I will watch out for them in my car."

"You have a car now?"

"Yes. Well, dad's car."

"Alright." I agree. "But if you notice anything or you think you might be in danger, let us know asap okay?"

"Will do."