27

Hoseok's POV

Steve had me bound and gagged, then thrown into the back of a van. There are no windows, so I have no idea where I'm being taken.  It feels as though the truck has been driving for hours and all I can do is worry about what comes next.  Am I going to be killed? Is this really how it ends? No, I have to stay calm. Panicking will not save me. There might be a way out if I stay quiet and alert. I must be compliant with Steve. It may be the only chance I will have. My father has sat me through countless documentaries about things like this; he called them tutorials for survival. I never understood the importance of them until now.
I force the thoughts of my father aside to take in my situation. My hands are handcuffed; there is no way I can get them free. I have to focus on something, smells? Sight? Too dark to see and all I can smell is petrol. Sounds? I listen, all I hear is the moving van and other cars as they pass by. At least the other cars mean we are still in a populated area, that's a good thing.

//       //

                          Hoseok's  POV                                          

I open my groggy eyes. Someone is shaking me awake. Steve! my eyes widen. What I had thought was a dream is a reality. I really am kidnapped. I'm no longer in the dirty van but, an, uncared for small room, possibly an abandoned house  Still bound and gagged.

Steve laughs "Now no one can interrupt us. We are also in the middle of nowhere so that screaming will be useless."

He takes the gag from my mouth. I stare at him, making no sounds.

"Good, You're already learning how to behave."

"Where is my mum?" I whisper.

"That crazy bitch won't bother us again. I'm sure you're glad to hear that." He shakes his head. "The way I had to endure her babying you and your ignorant shit of a brother. I will get him too but, first, I have to discipline you."
I bite my lip, fighting the urge to scream at him. I must keep him talking, but everything I say will be vital. I have to be careful.

"What did I do wrong?" I ask and pray. I asked the right question.

"Where do I start?" He snorts. "Did you know that all your mother ever talks about is you?"

I shake my head. I did not know that. I thought she hated me until the babying episode, which I still don't understand.

Steve sighs. "I'm sure in her crazy mind. She believes that you are still a toddler. I guess it makes sense since you were that age when she lost you. She never disciplined your brother, you know. I don't think she even cared about him. It was all about you." Steve glares at me with pure hatred. "Why you?! What is so special about you?!"

"I...I don't know."

"Well, I'll tell you what, nothing! You are nothing but selfish and ignorant!"

Suddenly my eyes fill up. Is that how people see me? I never thought I was anything like that. Was I wrong?

"I...I'm sorry," I mumble.

Steve nods at me. "You should be. Apologising means that you are starting to understand. That is good, but you're not quite forgiven yet."

"What can I do, to be forgiven?"

"You must take your punishment."

                        //        //                                    

                                                                             Jungkook's POV

After speaking with Yoongi's mother, it was clear that she had no idea where Steve could have taken Hoseok. Yoongi was enraged. He yelled at the officer's to do their fucking jobs. He almost got himself arrested, the officer's took pity on him but warned him not to keep pushing them, or he will end up in a cell. He then sat down, mumbling to himself.

I don't know why but I booted up that creepy stalk your friend's app, knowing it would be pointless since surely Steve would have thrown Hoseok's phone away. So I had to blink and shake my head a few times when I saw that Hoseok's phone had been travelling.

"Hey!" I yell at the officers. "You'd better take a look at this!" I hand my phone to a detective. His mouth falls open.

"Right! I want all of you on this trail now!"

The officers nod and charge to their cars to await directions. Yoongi squints at me, confused.

"Hoseok still has his phone with him Yoongi. Steve hasn't gotten rid of it."

"Are you serious?!"

"Very. Yoongi this is great! We might get him back sooner than we thought."

Yoongi's face lights up, he flings his arms around me and hugs me tight. "Thank you!"

  //  //

Hoseok's POV

"Please!" I pant between punches from Steve. "I said, I'm sorry! I will behave!"

"You still have to be punished!" He spits at me. He grabs my hair to hold me up. "Why can non of you understand that? When you're bad, you get punished. It has to happen so that you can learn! You cannot just say sorry, and everything is fine!"

"I...I understand." I stare into his eyes. I cannot see him clearly as my left eye is half-closed and swollen from the punches. I have to get on his wavelength. I must not anger him again.

"Good. Then we are getting somewhere. At least you're not as difficult as your brother. I was a lot like Yoongi once, dead set against the teachings and punishment. But I finally learned my lesson, and now I can teach all of you so that you can be good too. You want to be good, don't you Hoseok?"

"I do!" I weep.

He shushes me and smiles. "Very good. Then let  me teach you."