25

Hoseok's POV

The blood oozes from my head; it seeps through my hair, down my face. I shake my head, hoping to keep it out of my eyes. The blow from my captor earlier has left me with a massive headache. I don't even remember blacking out. I woke to total darkness. I can't see it, but I feel that my wrists are in chains.

I still don't understand how the gang managed to get into the school without Yoongi seeing them. I'm ashamed that I was not strong enough to escape them. I really hope that Yoongi and Jungkook will find me, wherever the hell I am. I hear someone sobbing across the room.

"H-hello?" I croak. No answer. The sobs become louder. "Where are we?"

Again, no answer. Only cries of...pain?...grief?

Suddenly a bright light stings my eyes, making me blink furiously. Once my eyesight comes back, I see that I am inside a cage and across from me is another cage, someone hunched up inside. Then beside me yet another cell and another victim.

"Taehyung?!"

His eyes are closed, he is covered in blood.

"Tae!"

"He is asleep." A very familiar voice tells me.

"Steve?" I stare at my stepdad. I can already feel tears building up inside of me. I tremble with fear, unable to control it.

"Call me father, Hoseok. That is who I am now."

"No!" I squeaked. Cringing at myself for sounding so weak. "I have a father. Do you know where he is?"

Steve grins darkly. His eyes gleam with delight. He leans his massive frame over me. "You want to see him?"

My breath catches in my throat, and my heart sinks. "He's here?"

"Yes. He's right there." He points to the cage ahead of me. "I'm sorry. You must not be able to see him clearly. Would you like to be closer to him?"

Sweat prickles my body; my breathing becomes laboured. Tears fall. All of this showing just how weak and small I am. I swallow hard and nod. "Yes."

Steve quickly opens my cage. "You try to run, and I will kill you."

I wince and nod again.

Steve unchains my wrists, he grabs me by my shirt and hauls me free of the cage. My legs are too weak to support me so he Carrie's me across to my dad, where he drops me to the floor. Now I see it was my father that was crying. His face is wet with tears and blood, almost unrecognisable. His wide eyes pierce mine, he says nothing. Just reached a hand out to me. He seems to be in pain and unable to move much. His rough hand strokes my face as he mumbles something that I don't understand.

"Dad." I whimper. "I'm sorry I couldn't find you. I love you so much. I thought...you were gone."

Dad squeezes my hand. He tries to speak again, but it is only garbled moans.

"I don't know what you're trying to say, I'm sorry!" I glare up at Steve. "Why can't he speak?!"

"Oh!" Steve giggles. "Because I cut out his tongue. He just would not stop complaining."

"What?!" Forgetting the danger I am in, I jump up and hurl punches at Steve. He just laughs at me.

"You really are pathetic, aren't you?" He grabs my wrists.

"Let me go!"  He slaps me hard, leaving a huge red mark on my cheek. I almost fall to the floor, but he holds me up. "Why are you doing this to us?!! We don't deserve this!" Instantly I knew that I had said too much. Steve's eyes widen in anger, he bares his teeth, looking like the mad man he truly is.

"You think you are all innocent?! You are the worst in this world! Taehyung is nothing but a bully; he thinks he is better than anyone! And you, Hoseok! You just sit in your house all day when you are not at school. You're lazy, and you disrespect your mother, making her cry. You really think that you are special that everyone should worship you!"

"What are you talking about?! I'm not like that at all!"

Steve throws me down to the floor. He sits on top of me; his hands squeeze my neck. "You're a disrespectful little shit! Apologise for what you have done!"

Choking for air, I desperately claw at his face, digging my nails in as hard as I can drawing blood. He does not let go; he only squeezes tighter. I hear my father's garbled cries. My eyes feel like they are about to pop out of my skull. My lungs are screaming for air; my vision starts to fade. Strength drains from my body. My arms fall limp at my sides.

"Get the fuck off of him!" I hear Taehyung scream.

The hands-on my throat loosen. I take a massive gasp of air, coughing and panting.

"You're nothing but a freak!" Taehyung roars.

Steve growls and charges at Taehyung. I take a big gasp for air and concentrate on regulating my breathing. My vision clears, and my heart relaxes. I see Steve reaching for Taehyung through the bars, Taehyung hugs the back of the cage out of reach.

"Stop it!" I scream, surprising even myself. "Please! Stop!"

Another figure appears in the basement doorway. My mother, she looks terrified.

"Mum?" I cry.

She looks at me and bursts into tears. "Hoseok my baby! What is wrong?"

"Dammit, woman!" Steve's strides towards my mother. He grabs her arm roughly. "I told you never to come down here!"

"Why is my baby here?" Mum cries. "Why is he so upset and bleeding?"

"He's fine. Get upstairs now. He has to be punished."

"Mum!" I whimper. "Please, help!"

Her face turns deathly white. She did not move her head but, her eyes roamed the basement, and I know she had seen Taehyung and dad too. She cleared her throat. "Alright, darling." She smiles thinly at Steve. "Thank you for bringing my baby back to me." She then exits the basement, and I wonder, will she call the police? Or is she just pretending to know nothing about this? By the look on her face, I believe she knew none of this. Now I can only wait and pray she gets help for us.