4

Jungkook's POV

About time! The bell signals home time. I run towards the lockers, where I asked Hoseok to meet me at the end of school. That's when my rage fires up once again. I see Hoseok held up against the lockers by Taehyung's idiot friends. At the same time, Taehyung punches Hoseok in the stomach.

"No, you fucking don't!" I roar as I charge at them.

Taehyung's friends share worried glances then they both leg it out of the building. They were leaving Taehyung to deal with me alone.

"What do you want?" He sneers at me.

I don't answer. I just smack him right across his smirking face. He flies into the lockers, holding a hand to his face. He is completely shaken, as though no one has ever hit him before. Which I find it difficult to believe that no one has ever wanted to slap him. I raise my fist, ready to bash his face again.

"Jungkook stop! Please don't!" Hoseok begs me.

"What?!" I splutter aghast.

"Please don't hurt him. It was my fault. A misunderstanding."

I shake my head at him. "Hobi, I really like you, you know? I won't stand by and watch you being bullied. Stop pretending there's nothing wrong here."

Hoseok stamps his feet like a kid having a tantrum. "I'm not being bullied!" He shouts.

He actually shouted at me! I'm left speechless. What the hell is wrong with him? Taehyung recovers and smirks at me.

"See, just a misunderstanding. I'm not bullying you am I Hoseok? We're friends I'm just joking with you."

"You are?" Hoseok asks, looking surprised himself.

I scoff. "Oh, my God! This is mental! Hoseok you can't seriously believe that he is your friend!"

"Well, I...my dad says I overreact sometimes."

"Wow!" I laugh amazed by his nativity. "Fuck my life. There really is nothing I can do to help you is there?"

I turn away from both of them. My anger is boiling. I need to cool it before I do something terrible. I cannot go through another move again. I see a familiar angel-faced blond boy heading our way. He is engrossed in his phone. Jimin, perfect, surely he can help!

"Jimin!" I shout.

"Huh?" Jimin comes to a stop in front of me. "Hey, Jungkook. What's up?" Then he notices Hoseok crying. "Hobi? Tae! What the fuck did you do now?!" But Taehyung has already made it out of the building. "Bastard! What happened Hoseok?"

"I wish everyone would stop asking me what's wrong! Just stop it!"

"Hoseok!" Jimin and I both call to him but, he too has left the building.

I watch him getting into a man's car. "Who's that he's with?"

"Oh, that's his dad. He always comes to pick him up."

I raise my brows. "Seriously?"

Jimin nods. "Seriously. He's very protective of Hoseok."

"That might be half his problem," I mutter.

"I heard about what you did." Jimin smiles at me. "Telling the teacher about Hoseok getting bullied. I'm glad it's not just me trying to help him now. He won't listen to me either."

"Does his dad know about it?"

"I don't know. His dad doesn't allow Hoseok to have friends over at his place."

"What kind of weird shit is that?" I tut.

Jimin shrugs. "Just the way it is."

"Do you know his address?"

"Why, what are you gonna do?"

I smile. "I'm going to get daddy involved. Surely an overprotective dad is just what we need to sort this out."

"Yeah." Jimin grimaces. "You might be right. I just hope Hoseok will still speak to you afterwards."

"He'll have to. Because I never give up easily."

"I can tell." Jimin grins. "Alright, I'll give you his address."

"Thanks," I say. "Oh, and can I have his phone number too?"

____________________________

Hoseok's POV

"Hoseok stop right there," Dad says before I can run upstairs to my bedroom.

"Yes, dad?"

"Why did I get a call from the school today, saying you've been fighting with another boy?"

"What?" I gulp. "No, dad I wasn't fighting. We just disagreed and...I got upset. "

Dad sighs. His face softens, and I relax a little. "Hoseok you're usually always good. Best in all of the classes. Why ruin your good reputation by arguing with other boy's?"

"I...don't know. It won't happen again, dad."

"No, it won't " he opens his arms to me. "Come here." I rush into his arms, he hugs me tight and kisses my head. "I love you, Hoseok, and I'm proud of you. Please don't disappoint me."

I nod. " I won't."

"Good boy. Now upstairs, get changed. Your brother will be here soon."

"What, why?" I shudder. I do love my brother, but he hates me. I don't understand why he comes here to stay with us sometimes. He lives with our mother, whom I rarely see. These are the only times I get to see her when she brings my older brother Yoongi to stay with us as part of my parents' joint custody settlement. Sometimes I stay with mum, but only when she wants to see me, which doesn't happen often.

"Because," my dad says. "He's your brother. What has gotten into you Hoseok?"

"Sorry, dad," I mumble and shoot upstairs to my room. Before I can change, I must hide everything important to me. Yoongi always takes my things without asking, and I never see them again. Once I've done that I can quickly shower and dress, ready for the misery to begin.