No Boys Allowed: She Knows

I sat there in shock. The school counselor in front of me and my mother to my right. "Akasha, why don't you tell your mother what you told me" Counselor Kelly asked me, putting the pressure of one million Suns on me all at once, while giving me a plastic smile. "I um...I" I uttered. "Akasha just tell me" My mother demanded. "Mom um... I think I like girls. I don't think I like boys" I said while my heart was beating a million beats per second. I had my hands on my lap, my eyes shut and I had my head down in shame. I wouldn't dare to look my mother in the eye. Shes a woman that cherishes her religion very much. She lives so strongly by all the rules. She goes to church every Sunday. She hates rock music, anything with violence, bad language etc. But especially... Gay people. She hates them with a passion. She talks bad about them and believes more then anything that they're going straight to hell after death. I honestly don't know why I thought there would be a chance that telling her would be okay. But at the same time, did I really have a choice? I told my counselor in search of help of what to do. Everyone always said she was really nice, but no one told me she was homophobic. But why would they? No one knew about my situation. Once I told Miss kelly looking for guidance, she looked at me with the most disgusted facial expression. "oh.." She said trying to act like she wasn't looking down on me. "well I surly wasn't expecting that haha" giving me a fake and nervous laugh. "are...are you sure?" she asked not wanting to believe it was true. "um I..." I stuttered, I didn't really know how to respond. "well let's see what we can do" she says trying to keep up the cheery personality that is clearly not real. She moves with her rolling chair and goes straight to a big book with numbers and the school phone... Immediately I was panicking. I got an idea of what she was planning on doing and knew asking her to stop was useless. My heart was breaking and my life was ending and there was nothing I could do about it... "Yo-you like what?" I snapped back into reality by my mothers words "um, girls I think..." I answered her question. "no, no you don't!" she yelled "but mom" I slightly yelled back. "get in the car." "but mom!" "I said get in the car!" she screamed loud in my face. I Immediately got up from my seat and left the office and shut the door behind me. I was going to make my way out the school and into the car but I stopped because of the sounds of my mother in the room crying. I stood there and felt my heart sink. I can hear miss Kelly trying to comfort her. Because she believed that her daughter was a monster. I ran out the school and locked myself in the car sobbing. I didn't want this to happen. This wasn't supposed to happen! I thought to myself. She hates me now. Just like I knew she would if she knew who I really was. I just wish I could take today back and start all over...

TO BE CONTINUED

TO BE CONTINUED...