Chapter 7- A Mini Trip Down Memory Lane

It's been almost a week since I have last ran into Marcello. Everytime I think about that kiss I felt guilty. An each time I think about what I said to him I cringe. But still, I can't help but wonder what Marcello thinks of me now that I told him that I have a boyfriend and before too.

Work and school during the week was the usual. Those polecat bitches still tries to pick a fight with me and I have my final year exams coming up.
I really need to hits these books hard.

I hardly hear from Teresa maybe find herself a man or studying already. And I haven't heard from Van either. I've texted and called him but I got no response.

It's Thursday, 9:18am and I took the day off from school and work. I still need to keep my work a secret from Van and the day Nash started driving me around was the day I got more cautious. Luck was and is on my side whenever 7:30 came and he had to leave for home.

Now, I'm regretting the decision of staying home. I laid in the couch skipping throw channels after channels and nothing caught my interest. I was about to turn the TV off when my phone starts ringing.

Without checking the callers ID I answered the phone.
"Hello?"

"Why aren't you in class today!?" The voice whispered on the other line.

"Teresa?" I asked as if making sure.

"No, it's uncle John." She said sarcastically no doubt rolling her eyes.

"Oh heyyy, I haven't seen you in class from week and now you choose to show your existence?"

I heard her sigh on the other line, " I know and I'm sorry I said nothing to you but I went back home."

I shot up in a sitting position at this. "What! Are you ok? Why didn't you tell me?!"

"You were busy sulking for some reason which I'll soon ask you about so that was why I didn't bother telling you." I laughed nervously leaning back in the couch.

"So what happened?"

"My mom was sick and that good for nothing step father of mine wasn't doing shit to help her so I had to go and take care of her. All he was doing was spending her money on liquor."

Teresa's a strong woman. Ever since her father died her mom got remarried immediately after. A few months later he started abusing Teresa and I. We told her mom and he denied ever doing such thing, saying maybe we got bullied at school and needed someone to blame and her mother kicked us out saying we're trying to ruin her marriage, even when we showed her the bruises she pickedupfor him. So we left, her grandmother took us in after she heard what really happened. During that time I got a great paying job at a clothing store. I got my first apartment with that job over the months. I even asked Teresa to move in with me but she said that she would like to stay with her Granny and visit on weekends or someweek days. Everything was going smoothly until I fell for that one mistake.

Anyways when we left, her step father didn't have us for a punching bag anymore so he turn on her. She call Teresa apologizing and begging her to come back but she didn't, we both knew what would happen if she went back. She forgave her mother but she will never go back even though there was a lot of good memories with us growing up. Now her mother keeps getting sick and refused to see a doctor. I just hope she gets better soon.

"I don't get it. Why don't she just file a report and leave his stupid ass?"

"Don't know. I asked her that same thing and she refused to answer me. I think she's afraid of him. Well who wouldn't? I mean he's really big and use to beat the crap out of us." She said recalling those times.