Chapter 11- Private Session

Teresa and I was sprawled out in the living room studying. Our final exams are coming up in a few weeks. Van have been keeping tabs on me, he calls me once in a while, he merely comes home, hardly sends gift whether big or small. After that argument a few weeks back, our first argument that is, things have definitely been awkward between us. I don't even know if it's just a temporary phase or something.

"You ok there?" Teresa asked breaking me from my thoughts. "You've been staring on the same page for the past few minutes.

I sighed laying on my back. The book resting over my belly.
"I don't know." I answered honestly. "My life feels weird and different now."

"Duuuh. You have that fine ass Marcello all over you and then there is Van." Teresa gushed.

"Since when he's Van to you?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

She shrugged her shoulder before removing my book from my stomach. Any case of studying was long forgotten, for now. She laid her head on my stomach staring at the ceiling.

"To be honest. That night when I introduce you to Van I didn't expect for you two to hit it off. I just wanted you out the house and have a lil fun." She confessed. I started to run my fingers through her now silk pressed hair with my eyes closed listening. "Are you happy Victoria?"

Am I?
I mean, Van makes me happy despite my past life. But he makes me unhappy when he's not around which is most of the times. I felt Teresa's head shift as if turning to look at me when I didn't answer.

"I don't know."

"Does Marcello the beast makes you happy?" The beast? Is she for real. I lift my head up to give her a 'seriously' look before shaking my head and laying back down lookingat the ceiling.

"Don't ever say that again." I scoffed rolling my eyes. "But in someways he does. He makes me feel 17 again."

"Aww." She cooed reaching up to pinch my cheek. I smack her hand away and scold.

"Enough boy talk. We need to finish studying these books." She got up, grabbed my book and throw it at my face.

"Bitch." I said causing her to giggle.

We studied for hours none stop, except for the short breaks to use the bathroom or get something to snack on. Teresa fell asleep and I was just there staring into space when my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Aren't you coming to work?" Macy said on the other line.

"Oh shit. Of course. I'll be there in a bit." I said hanging up. I got up making sure not to wake Teresa in the process then ran upstairs to get ready.
It didn't take me long to get ready and come back down stairs. I decided on no make up, a high waist leather pants and a frill long sleeved top. My hair was redone in a ponytail and I wore black heels.

No bothering to wake Teresa I peeked through the front door for Nash and noticed he was gone. I sighed relieved then grab my car keys and left for work.

Once I arrived I entered at the front. I've been doing that lately every night. I looked at the large strip club with the huge 'Sugar sweet' sign glowing down on everyone.

I walked in front the long line and the bouncer let me in smiling.

"Thanks Jay." And he nodded.

Inside haven't really changed a bit. As you enter there'll be a wide step to descend. Stage with poles was placed in the center of the room, at the side and back with girls dancing exotically. Chairs placed around them with men staring up in awe and bewilderment of there flexibility. The bar was to the left and it was packed. Booth where men could get there lap dance lined the sides of the steps, to the right there are rooms where private sessions are kept. I try my best to avoid that end. I quickly went to the back and Macy spotted me first before I could.