Chapter 21- Exposed

The room was silent. With every passing minute the air of tension grew more awkward. We all sat silently as if waiting for someone to break the awkwardness that hung over us.

Wow, who would have thought that I would be in such a tight spot?

"So, how did this happen? And depending on your answer I might consider to refrain from doing something I might regret." The words slip my lips without a second thought. I mean sleeping with her  was one thing, I could have placed it as karma playing back at me but to get another woman pregnant while we're together is a whole different thing. Call me selfish, but that's how I see it. I never thought things would have gotten more worst for me.

Van sat silently before me, looking guilty and I've always known him to be the compose type, so to see him looking like this is a bit off setting and is starting to make me feel angry but I suppress that feeling and waited for an explanation.

Instead of Van answering this woman did instead. "What do you mean how it happened? Really? I mean it was love at first sight so-"

I held up my hand to stop her from continuing. I don't think I want her to go on with what she was about to say. I looked towards Van as he was looking at me.

"Victoria I'm really sorry this happened but it's nothing like what she said. I don't love her." My eyes flickered towards the woman who had gasped then back on Van. "I love you. She was just something I used to pass time with."

I stood up abruptly and glared down at him. "You piece of shit! How dare you say that about another woman?"

Van stood up as well. "What? About using her for sexual needs? It's the truth. She's a whore."

I took a step back at his words. For some reasons I feel slightly offended.

The woman (who's name I still don't know) started crying. Just then something came to me.

"How did you know where to find Van in the first place?"

She sniffled then stared up at me. "I don't need to tell you anything." Her accent became really thick when she spoke in such hoarse voice.

As if Van had now realized this, turned to her. "Well I'm asking you how then?

She sighed before speaking. "One of your bodyguards called me and told me where you were. We issued a flight to the United states and he picked me up and dropped me off here."

"Who did?" Van asked.

"What's his name? Nate? No, maybe Norman? No, something close to that I suppose."

Confused I asked. "Nash?"

She napped her fingers as if I rang a bell in her head.

"Yes. That's his name. Nash." For a slight moment I could have sworn I saw lust in her eyes. Gag.

I looked towards Van and he himself looked puzzled. "Why would Nash contact you and bring you here? What would he gain from that?"

The room remain silent. Not a soul knew the answer to that.

"Well that doesn't matter. I am now here with my baby's father."

"Do you want me to smack her or something?" This time it was Teresa who spoke. To prevent her from ending up in jail I shock my head.

"I guess things happen for a reason and am not sticking around for this reason. Let's go Teresa. " I said holding out my hand. She grabbed a hold of my hands and headed for the door.

"Victoria wait! I didn't mean for this to happen. I'm sorry."

I whipped around to scream at him. "Well it did happened Van! It's not like you can reverse what had already happened."