Chapter 19- Uncovered

Unedited.

I can't stop thinking about Marcello. I just couldn't stop smiling. That same morning he called, asking if I was okay, I ended up telling him about my exams and he was sweet enough to give me my sessions off. But what made me sad though was that he became busy with work, and I with exams, so we haven't heard from each other since. For me, it was study hard and pass my exams. I haven't even used my phone in the pass couple of days. Teresa had been staying with me just so we could study together and to prevent me from getting distracted. I could still feel the bumps from the countless smacks I've gotten from Teresa. Whenever my mind unintentionally drift somewhere else, she would use her book to smack me in my head.

Stupid Teresa.

I smiled to myself thinking how grateful I am to have someone like her in my life though. Thanks to her, I got enough study in. I think it's safe to say that I'm confident in passing my exam with enough credits to earn my degree.

Teresa went back home yesterday and now that exams over and graduation will be coming up soon, I'm practically free. What makes this sweeter was that I have about 8 months left in that stupid contract. Though, when I think about it, 8 months seems like a really long time.

I got out of bed and searched for my phone in my bag pack. When I found it I press the power button and it didn't light up. I guess the battery died. I went up to my room and plugged it in by my night stand then head down stairs to make some cereal.

I sat and ate breakfast at the kitchen island. Once I was finished eating, I washed my bowl then head over to the living room and sat on the couch. I grabbed the remote from the table and switch it on. I began skipping through channels until I skipped pass a view of the "Sugar Sweet" club. I skipped backed to listen.

"It has been almost a week since the brutal massacre at the infamous club Sugar Sweet in New Jersey." My hands flew to my mouth out of shock. "Over 60 people have died including the clubs manager Macy Martinez." Tears willed to my eye as I choke back a sob in disbelief. This can't be real. How could I not know of this before. Almost a week!

"Based on witnesses," The new reporter continued, " the men who attacked was looking for someone. Apparently, sources have it to say that this person is the club's most 'favorite'."

I sat frozen, digesting the information that is being laid out befor me. A familiar face came into view as the reporter asked her questions of what happen. "There were a lot of them. They killed every security, most of the workers, even customers, including my bestfriend." She started to break down at the mention of her friend. She sniffled before continuing to speak. " I just want this person that they're looking for to know that this is all their fault. What ever sh*t they've gotten their selves into caused all these people to die. Their blood is on your hands. I hope you rot in hell for this Sapphire." She sobbed out.

My heart sank at the sound of my stage name. "And there you have it-" I quickly turned of the television suddenly feeling sick. My heart started to beat so fast and my body began to shake uncomfortably. I quickly ran to the kitchen sink and puke up what little breakfast I ate moments ago. I sank to the floor and cried. I cried to the point my eye feels heavy.

A lot of questions swirled around in my thoughts. Why did this happen? Who could have done such thing to all those innocent people? Questions after questions, yet not one has a plausible answer.

"I can't." I sobbed out, hugging myself. Trying desperately to ease the pain in my chest. Its like a damb have burst open within me because the tears kept coming. I cried for everything that has happened in my life right there. I cried for trusting some people. I cried for losing my baby. I cried for signing that stupid contract. I cried for losing my abusive parents. I cried for being responsible for so many peoples death. Is this what they call regret?

"God... What did I ever do to deserve all of this punishment?" I cursed. I slowly stumbled towards the stairs and up to my room. I sniffle getting in bed as tears continued to rolled down my cheeks. I curled myself into a ball, closing my eyes, drifting of to sleep.

FAE'S P.O.V

I sat in a cafe a few blocks away from my cousin's condo. Waiting impatiently for her to arrive. I haven't seen her because I had to fly to Greece for my aunts wedding. I got back last night and got the news of what had happened at the club she works. Immediately, I rang my cousin and asked her to meet up with me here today. The sound of the door bell chimed and I looked up to see Reese walked in.

I called out to her and she looked in my direction before walking over to me. I got up and hugged her. "Oh my gosh! How are you? Are you ok?"

"Ok. Who are you and what have you done to my cousin?" She retorted causing me to rolled my eyes and pull away. " The Fae I know don't show concern for people." She continued while taking a seat.

I followed suit. " Yeah, your right. Now tell me everything. I want details."

"Well for starters, I wish I wasn't there that day. I have to start seeing a therapist."

"Yeah whatever. I don't want to hear about that." I ignore the shock on her face and urge her to start talking. She rolled her eyes but continued.

"Cecile and I was in the dressing room when we heard a gun shot. At first we brushed it off as nothing but minutes later, there was a lot of shot being fired and people screaming. Cecile and I ran out to check and that was the biggest mistake ever. There were lots of bodies on the floor and people killing each other."

"Wow." I whispered.

"Yeah." She shook her head. "Anyways, We ran to hide in another room and lock ourselves in. A few minutes later we heard banging on the door then silence. There was a muffled voice behind the door so I walked closer to listen. What I heard though shocked me. They were looking for this stripper we all hate and her name his Sapphire. She's like the clubs favorite or whatever."

I could she the jealousy in her eyes and I smirked. Sapphire huh?

"What's her real name?"

"Her real name? Um... I think it's Victoria? Yeah, Victoria."

"I see." Could it possible be.... No. There's a lot of people out there with that name. But still...

"Do you know her last name?" She shook her heard no.

"No. Personal information like those are kept private. Unless you want others to know it and that girl is quite secretive and private."

"What does she look like?"

" Lets see. Dark skin, black silky hair, slender, about 5' 7 and a total bitch."

There's no mistaking it. It's definitely her.

Reese continued with her story but whatever she was telling me wasn't interesting anymore. And the thought of her was pushed to the back of my mind. But who would have thought Victoria King is a stripper. I grinned at the thought of this new information.

"Um Fae? Are you ok? You look kinda creepy with that smile."

"I'm great, actually Reese I gotta go. Nice seeing you babe." With those words I got up and left.

'Victoria.' I smirked. 'What interesting woman you've become.'