(25) Worst Nightmare

"Did you really think I loved you?" DeLuca snarled at me belting out a laugh, pulling Leigh closer to his side.

"I- I don't know..." Was all I managed to sputter out as the pit in my stomach grew.

"Who would ever want a girl like you? I just wanted to see if I could fuck you... I guess you're too much of a prune..." He stated an eyebrow cocked up as Leigh bit her lip looking up at him.

My balance swayed, my head light, and my eyes teary, "You...You don't mean that." I say through a sob as he just looked at me unfazed.

"Yes I do... you're just too fucking naive to see it." He shouted at me making me flinch backwards, "Why would anyone want to be around your boring ass?" DeLuca spat at me as he cornered me.

A loud thunder cracks and the room illuminates with light, as I shoot straight up breathing heavily, tears threatening to escape my eyes.

Luca snaps up, his eyes wild and concerned, Bodey wrapped around his chest like a monkey. Both of their curls wild, out of place, cheeks pink from all of our body heat combined.

Moving softly, careful not to wake Bodey, Luca leaned into me, "Shhh...shhh... it's okay baby, breath." DeLuca coos rubbing my back slowly, "There you go, in and out..." He whispers taking deep breaths with me, his heart fast against my cheek.

"It'll be okay... I'm right here" Those were last words I heard as I fell back asleep in his arms.

_______

"She's pretty when she sleeps..." I hear a voice say as my heavy eyelids begin to flutter open.

"I know..." A low raspy one replies, while their thumb grazes over my lips, leaving a tingling sensation.

I slowly sit up to my room still dark, DeLuca and Bodey sitting crisscross apples sauce staring at me.

"What's going?" I asked confused to why we were up so early.

"Bodey wanted some milk and a snack so we went down stairs, to find a note that everyone went up north to fish with the guys... and the power went out." He stayed shrugging as I continued to hear the rain pour outside, sending shivers through me...

This quite possibly might be the worst night ever... I hate storms and the dark.

I move stand up quickly as I fell my stomach toss unpleasantly, bile rising in my throat.

"I think I'm gonna be..." I can't even finish before I throw a hand over my mouth and race to the bathroom, hurling myself over the toilet.

Carefully before I begin to get sick, my hair is collected behind me and Luca rubs circles on the back of my neck slowly, "Let it out..." He coos as I throw up the remains of my carnival food.

My head light, my stomach empty I slump back into his strong embrace.

"Is my princess afraid of storms?" He asked tipping my head so my eyes met his, a smirk cursing his beautiful face.

"Yes as a matter of fact I am..." I grumbles as he let out a low chuckle.

"Don't worry... I'll always protect you." He whispers lightly against my forehead as he kissed it and slowly down my jaw before I slapped him lightly.

"Child in the other room bad boy..." I say out of breath slightly unbelievably wanting him.

"Never has stopped us before..." He says just as breathlessly as me, trailing he fingers along the exposed skin of my stomach leaving hot streaks.