(36) A Bright Future

A few weeks later - Graduation...

My fingers are interlaced with his long, lean ones

He looks down at me, his chocolate eyes smooth and unwavering from my own.

The warmth of his hand consumes my thoughts and makes my heart race as we walk down the hall together.

Both of our gowns drag against the tiled flooring of our highschool, the one I took for granted.

The times I spent here and the people I met.

Each of our caps in his opposite hand, I can already feel the anxiousness pooling in my chest just thinking about graduating.

"What's wrong princess?" He asks lowly his brows scrunched together cutely.

"I was just thinking about if we'll last or not... I don't know it's stupid. I'm just scared of losing you." I whisper up towards him, tears prickling at my eyes and pressure building in my heart.

Just the thought of losing him, makes everything within me crumble.

"Nothing can tear us apart Mila. No distance, no person... Nothing can. Because without you Mila, I'm nothing. You're the love of my life." He rasps out, emotions clear in his deep voice but not once does he stutter.

He stops abruptly, reaches out his hand and cups my cheek, using his thumb to wipe away the single tear that has fallen.

"This isn't the end of us. It can't be. We've only just gotten started princess." His voice is soft, his warm breath tickling my face.

His assuring voice brings even more tears to my eyes as I think of how good I really have it.

That I have someone who loves me.

His eyes captivate me and hold me hostage to the sincerity they have.

"Okay." I whisper back.

He slowly leans down to me and brushes his plump lips against mine, featherlike almost.

Slowly intensifying it, his tongue moving into my mouth, before he leaves a small kiss on my jaw.

"Later." He mumbles raspily grabbing my hand a gliding it across the front of his gown.

"Oh my gosh DeLuca!" I almost shriek and a few people turn and look in our direction, as I slap his shoulder.

"I'm always ready for you princess..." He replies nonchalantly smirking at me as my cheeks heated instantly.

I smack him hard again and this time he raises his hands in surrender, chuckling beautifully.

"Let's do this." He whispers to me lightly stroking my cheek.

"Yeah," I whisper, "Lets do this."

___________

We sit far apart during the ceremony, as our last names very vastly.

"DeLuca Calvetti." Our principles voice echoed through the gym and I unknowingly stood to my feet and began to scream, "That's my boyfriend!" Along with the many others screaming too, but his eyes caught mine and he cheekily grins.

His eyes scrunched and his smile reaches his them showing truly how happy he is.

My eyes follow him as he confidently walks ups the steps and oddly pauses in front of the principle, whispering something to him, to which he nods.

He rubs the back of his neck and smiles sheepishly as he approaches the mic, then pulling it up a good 6 inches to his height.

And then he begins to speak...

"I'm not real good at speaking in front of big crowds like this," He pauses laughing, "But I wouldn't want to take a second of this back. Today as we are all graduating and leaving each other behind, I'm here to say we don't have to. But most importantly I'm here to promise my best friend and girlfriend Mila Wilder, my princess, to love her unconditionally... to never stop loving her." His eyes locked with mine never leaving them.

"Someone once told me I'd find love and that it'd save me. Funnily enough I told them I didn't want love. But when you fall in love there's no going back. Mila you saved me, you were the light in my darkness... Excuse my language but hell you still are," he exclaims and the crowd erupts into awes and laughter, "I want wake up to you every morning of my life and be able to kiss you goodnight too."

He slowly descends the steps and begins to walk towards me, mic still in his hand until he's directly in front of me.

"So here I am princess, promising to always love you and make you feel wanted. Promising that everyday of our lives I'll do everything in my power to make you smile. And finally promising you, that one day this ring won't be a promise ring but one making you my wife and the mother of my children," He winks and girls around me smile adoringly and guys clap his back.

He looks down at me as tears pool in my eyes and he quickly begins to set down the mic as he says, "Well shit I didn't mean to make you cry!" And the whole entire crowd breaks into laughter including myself.

His deep brown orbs connected with mine, "May I?" He asks motioning to put the ring on my finger.

"Of course." I state smiling widely before jumping into his arms, wrapping myself around him.

"I love you so much." I say into his curls.

"I love you more."

And in that moment I knew I found the man of my dreams.

The man I wanted to love no matter what.

Through thick and thin.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Please vote & comment for more!

I just wanted to thank you all so so much. You guys are the best and I love you all. DeLuca and Mila's story isn't over just yet;)

More coming soon...

These chapters have been roughly edited & still have some mistakes, so point them out politely and I will fix them!

Have I told you guys that I love you???

- littlemixedgirl❤️😩

______________________