(28) Proving It To Her

DeLuca's POV

Taking a deep breath, I quickly got off my bike and covered it with tarp as it began to pore. Looking up into her illuminated window my heart clenched and nervousness overtook me.

Underneath the porch now, I pulled out my phone and checked the time, 10pm. Reaching into my pocket and fishing around for my house keys I came up empty... I knocked once, then twice, then three times before giving up.

Walking back into the rain, peering up again at her balcony and then to the bag situated on the steps, I grabbed the ladder our gardener left leaning against the house before pulling the bag into my hands and began climbing.

Reaching the top I hesitated before peeking in through the crack she had left open.

There she was laying on her bed, hair messily done in a bun, my Michigan shirt on, her long lean body looking utterly exhausted as she was curled in a ball, back to me watching the TV.

Sighing, I finally work up the nerve pushing up the door and stepping in, hands deep in my pockets nervously twiddling with my bike keys.

When she doesn't turn around I cough lightly, catching her attention.

Our eyes meet and she quickly turns away from me.

"Please go away... don't do this to me." She whimpers pulling the covers over her face.

"I can't..." I state moving closer to her.

"Yes you can, go out the way you came in." She once again almost whispers.

"I can't Mila... because I love you more than anything on this damn planet. I love you so much that I couldn't breathe without you today..." I pause, "I love you so much it hurt to wake up without you by my side... Godammit you're my world princess." I state sitting on the edge of her bed, pleading with her softly, letting my hand graze her arm.

"You said you didn't love me..." Mila practically cries, stabbing me in the heart as she looks like I burned her by my touch.

"I know I did, but believe me I didn't mean it, I never could mean that... you're everything to me." I state truthfully pulling off my shirt and gently pulling the covers down revealing her face.

Pulling her small hand into mine, I place it over my heart, covering my new tattoo.

Feeling her soft caramel skin against my own for the first time in hours, feels like doing it for the first time... fireworks exploding in my stomach.

Carefully she traces her hand over my fresh tattoo, studying it.

"I want to prove to you how much I love you... this is the day I knew I was going to fall in love with you." I say placing my hand on hers again.

" I say placing my hand on hers again

(the tattoo)

"August 26th?" She says quietly, obviously confused with my choice.