Chapter 1: Jack: What, When, Where, Why, How?

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

I rollover and shut off my alarm. Today is the day it finally happens. I am going to ask out my best friend. Her name is Mikayla "Mickey" Anderson. We call her Mickey because on the first day of preschool she wore big Mickey Mouse ears. The nickname stuck for the past ten years. Growing up we always did everything together. Good and bad we were there for each other.

I got up and walked to my bathroom. Looking into the mirror, I smiled and brushed my shaggy brown hair from my face. My name is Jack Tyler, a junior at Aegis Military Academy. I am seventeen years old and I am the top of my school.

After a quick shower, I took my uniform out from my closet and began to put it on. I polished my shoes and put them inside my backpack. I slipped on my skateboarding shoes and finally my newly awarded "Cadet Captain" pin underneath my ribbons.

I made my way downstairs to find my mom making breakfast for us all. Up until my mom was pregnant she was the head of the intelligence branch of my father's platoon than after I was born, his private military company "Ares." The name has its origin from the Greek god of war. My father's company maintains fifty percent of the military contracts to the royal government.

After landing on the ground floor my father, as usual, is rushing out the door to make it to his building. While getting his jacket on he told me:

"Hey Jack you are going to be in for a surprise today."

"What kind of surprise old man?"

Before he could answer he was out the door walking into the garage. I settled down on my seat at the table waiting for food when my adorable little sister walks downstairs in her school uniform.

"Morning sleepy head," our mother called out to her.

"Good morning Mia." I got up and hugged my sister. Her name is Emilia and she is my adorable and talented little twelve year old sister. She attends Apollo Academy of the Arts. We both are gifted singers but I chose politics instead of celebritism.

"Did dad leave already?" Mia asked us.

"Yes sweetheart, now eat up before your food gets cold or your brother eats it.”

"Onee-chan did you watch Shingeki no Kyojin last night? They started a new season I am so excited!" We both love anime and "Onee-chan" is older brother in Japanese.

"Yeah, I did watch it how did you know?"

"I heard Eren fighting with Mikasa again."

And so for the next ten minutes we talked about the new episode until I finished eating. I put my plate in the sink and hugged my mom goodbye and my sister followed me out to my motorcycle.

She looked at me and said:

"Don't drive too fast baka onee-chan!" I gave her a big hug and a kiss on the head before responding.

"Don't worry Mia I won’t drive too fast. I’ll be safe. Have fun at school and stay away from boys.”

"I hate you brother."

"I love you too Mia."

I started the engine and took off down the driveway onto the road. My motorcycle is a 3400 cc beast of an engine that tops out at 240 mph. It also has high tech computer monitoring system that make sure everything is stable and functioning. I tend to push the boundaries of the motorcycle; so when I can, I push it to quadruple the speed limit. Sure, I have wiped out but I will never let that stop me from riding.